iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strange thing happened tonite!

Started by Woodhauler, July 14, 2014, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Wife came home about a hour ago, said the lights was on in my pick up. Thought she meant my 2011 that i just put in my garage. That was not the one, it was my 04 that is setting beside my garage with staging built on a trailer behind it!! Went out and the key was on! My nail pounders haven't been here since friday! Lights come on at dark by themselves if the key is on!! Needless to say i have all my keys inside now!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

yukon cornelius

better keep an eye out! I get complacent all the time and leave my keys in until a strange event happens. any more my vehicles don't start conventionally. there is always some switch or button or some other contraption to start them. ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Maybe a possibility that she interrupted someone's ill intentions.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodhauler

Well, found out today that one of the guys came down to pick up some tools, he shut the windows up in my truck! Had to turn on cause they are electric! Glad that was all!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

Good that the outcome was nothing you had to worry about!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Now, with no keys he won't be able to do that again..  ;) ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHARLIE

I remember the days growing up when no one ever took the keys out of the ignition.  In fact, when they went shopping, they'd leave what they bought on the seats with the windows rolled down, unless it was raining.  I believe illegal drugs have been the downfall of trust and the main cause of theft and other crimes.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Magicman

Yes, it is sad.  If we had found our home locked, we woulda thought that someone had broken in.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

And it was not that long ago you could leave thing unlock, 25 30 years. But now ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Quote from: CHARLIE on July 20, 2014, 01:53:23 PM
I remember the days growing up when no one ever took the keys out of the ignition.  In fact, when they went shopping, they'd leave what they bought on the seats with the windows rolled down, unless it was raining.  I believe illegal drugs have been the downfall of trust and the main cause of theft and other crimes.

Well said Charlie, and by the way, Happy Birthday!

I can remember when my Dad had a 1957 and then later  a 1966 Chevy pick up, and I don't think the ignition key was ever removed from either of them.

Now, even out in a rural setting we remove the keys and lock the house at night!    :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

As I recall my '57 Chev (4 dr, hardtop), the key didn't need to be in the ignition. Had an "off" position and a "locked" position. Rare that the key was ever used to lock it.
And some older ones, just had a lever on/off switch. Good old days.....  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Quote from: beenthere on July 21, 2014, 10:57:22 AM
As I recall my '57 Chev (4 dr, hardtop), the key didn't need to be in the ignition. Had an "off" position and a "locked" position. Rare that the key was ever used to lock it.
And some older ones, just had a lever on/off switch. Good old days.....  8)

Yup, I remember those!

Don_Papenburg

I leave my cavalier in the off but unlocked position .  Never use the keys because they are so worn that it will not unlock without a tremendous amount of fiddling around .I am well past the 225000mark. and I treat it like it was a truck.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

jargo432

Reminds me of a "run in" I had with a co-worker once.  He got really mad because someone stole his tool box out of the back of his pickup.  He said "been leaving it there for 20 years".  He REALLY got mad when I told him it was his fault.  I told him "You know what kind of world we live in,  It's your own fault if it gets stolen"

After he thought about it for a couple of days he told me I was right.  I remember him saying.. "how could I have been so stupid?"

The next day he went and bought a tool box that you mount on the bed of your truck.
Jack of all trades.

Magicman

I would disagree with using the word "fault".  Sure, in our today's world society he could have prevented the theft and should have, but I have a problem with blaming the victim. 

Thank You Sponsors!