iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Windows

Started by wannaergo, April 03, 2015, 05:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannaergo

Does anybody know a good way to get softwood sap off equipment windows? I've tried window cleaner and wd40 and no luck.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Maine logger88

What about starting fluid just don't breathe to much in lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Corley5

I use starting fluid  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

vinegar  that will do it or there is a  thing called bug and tar remover it will take spray paint off like if you spray your truck with marking paint it will remove it but will not damage the factory paint something to do with the clear coat

chestnut

Don't know about windows, but mayo works great for taking pine sap off your hands.

HiTech

Trahlin

You only truly fail, when you fail to TRY!

1270d

I use NOx ice.   Works great to get grease off too

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

John Mc

The best thing I've found to take pine sap off of hands is cooking oil. You just rub your hands in the oil, then wash wish soap & water to get the oil off. Works easily and quickly, with very little scrubbing required.  I've used it on tools as well with good results. Never tried it on windows.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Oliver05262

If you're trying to clean a Lexan window, it might not like some of the solvents suggested, like lacquer thinner. Perhaps a good idea to try a small spot in the corner before you smear it all over.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

pabst79

Pvc primer (acetone) will take it right off, don't use on Lexan, just real glass. :)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

wannaergo

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I should have clarified, it's a lexan window on the harvester. I'm a little nervous to try something too strong, cause I made that mistake once already with brakleen on a different machine
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

redprospector

Waterless hand cleaner works pretty good if you mix some elbow grease with it. I think GOOP is the last brand I bought. Make sure it's not the kind with abrasive granules in it though.
Oh, and it may be waterless when cleaning hands...not so much when cleaning Lexan.  You'll have to wash the window after you wash the window.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

mad murdock

Goo gone works on fir sap. It is also not harmful to plastics.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Corley5

I use ether on Lexan all the time.  It cuts sprayed on hydraulic oil really good  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!