iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shou-sugi-ban fence/with door

Started by Lawg Dawg, June 20, 2015, 12:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawg Dawg

Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my new privacy fence with you guys...thanks

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

mesquite buckeye

The fabulous Darlene approves. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Me too. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ljohnsaw

Wow, that wood POPS!  What is it, or is it the finish technique that is unique?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

hackberry jake

There's only one problem I see with your fence, and don't take this as a derogatory comment, or putting down your work. But it could use something, something easy for me to pinpoint, but something you missed completely. And before you think I'm judging your work harshly, just know that I asked my wife for her opinion and she came up with the exact same issue that I did... My only complaint is: You should've built it at my house!!!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

sprucebunny

Very handsome  8)

http://shousugiban.com
Traditional art of charred cedar.

Also check out how color can be added. Really cool stuff !
http://www.deltamillworks.com/shou-sugi-ban/
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Like the door,like the fence,like it all!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Wow, that almost looks like it should go around a medieval castle.  It shows strength and authority and I love it.    8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: hackberry jake on June 21, 2015, 01:51:28 AM
There's only one problem I see with your fence, and don't take this as a derogatory comment, or putting down your work. But it could use something, something easy for me to pinpoint, but something you missed completely. And before you think I'm judging your work harshly, just know that I asked my wife for her opinion and she came up with the exact same issue that I did... My only complaint is: You should've built it at my house!!!

Ever heard that old sayin?  If you've got the money, honey...I've got the time! smiley_hardhat2

All the wood is SYP, except the posts in the ground.  I used WO for those.  This fence may rot to the ground in a couple years, but I've been studing on the burning for some time.  I wanted to try it on my own property, to see how it performs.  I found out that it's a lot of work to pre burn all this wood before assembly, and it's a very HOT job also.  Thanks Corey
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

justallan1

Great looking fence, for darned sure!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

Looks like an up town job !
I like it .
A friend burnt some pine claps for his house looked good .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sandhills

Very nice work and I love the door!

Jemclimber

Very nice.  It looks like the work was worth the reward. Thanks for showing it.
lt15

Thank You Sponsors!