iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to do with Cedar bark from stripping logs

Started by Rusticcreations, May 12, 2016, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusticcreations

Wondering if any of you guys have any idea on what I can do with the bark I remove from all my Cedar poles for the log Furniture, to give you an idea on how much I have I could fill an 8' pickup bed rounded over in about a week two weeks max.

As of right now I have just been burning piles of it to make it disappear but there's gotta be something better I can do with it.

sandhills

If you're talking erc it makes good animal bedding, not sure of the price, it's been a long time since my kids showed sheep but pretty much every kid in the livestock barn had a few bags at the fair.  Chips were in there too though, just a thought.

Rusticcreations

Eastern white Cedar. Is what it is. I may just pile it and cover it and burn it in the wodstove this fall I dunno

Chuck White

If you could run it through a chipper, it should make good mulch.   smiley_lit_bulb
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Rusticcreations

Not a bad idea I hadn't really thought of mulch. Do I just chip it and let it sit or what?

yukon cornelius

I mulch with it. It works great. I also have used it for backfill. Depending on the day we have a few 55 gallon barrels full.  I tried to chip some and it clogged the chipper due to its stringiness.  Eastern red cedar here.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!