iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No good deed goes unpunished.

Started by Jeff, April 26, 2017, 09:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newoodguy78

Jeff I feel your pain.This past winter I had about three hundred dollars worth of extension cords swiped out of the back of my truck. I had been doing work for someone at no charge for two days just trying to help them out because they were in a tight spot and didn't have the money.
Stopped at a store on my way home and apparently someone decided they needed them more than me, never noticed until the next morning when I went to use them. Needless to say I was less than impressed.
Sticky fingered people are lower than whale dung in my opinion.

Ox

I've watched YouTube videos about thieving.  I remember being surprised at the style and type of people who were stealing.  And it appeared they've been doing it for a while because they were smooth and not nervous.  Everyday looking people.  Decent looking people.  It bothered me.  Thieves can look like anybody apparently.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sandhills

I work at the local salebarn, in several cases we've unloaded stolen cattle, which we either knew before hand they were or figured it out as soon as they came off the truck.  In one case this guy had been driving his semi around to other barns and loading himself "out" which is not uncommon if no one is around, but all you have to do is grab a few out of this pen and that pen on your way by.  I have no idea why but dad got called to testify and I was the one who unloaded him, didn't hurt my feelings any  ;D.  That was a long time ago and I think he's out now, but couldn't help think "you know back in the day they'd of just strung you up" I think we need to get back there.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

red

They are usually right next to a check cashing store .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Corley5

I had a five gallon can of gas stolen out of the back of my crummy at the local community college a few years ago now.  Gas was $4 plus a gallon and the can was worth a twenty dollar bill.  I was back there a couple weeks or so later and just for kicks I put in an old can full of water with enough gas in it to make it smell good.  They took the bait.  Wonder how their vehicle ran on that mix?
  I lost my cell phone Monday night.  I'm 98% sure it was on my lap and fell out of the vehicle when I stopped for gas.  The other 2% is I dropped it loading groceries in the WalMart parking lot.  Either way it's gone.  It would ring and go to voice mail for a few minutes when I tried calling it.  Then it quit.  No one turned it in at the either place.  I feel someone has it.  I wish phones had a remote detonate feature.  Luckily my contacts were salvageable. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

My great grandfather had a problem with someone stealing out of the pump behind the garage.  He locked the pump and filled a gas can water and left it next to the pump. The neighbors car was at the end of the driveway the next morning.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

Quote from: Dave Shepard on April 28, 2017, 09:50:37 PM
My great grandfather had a problem with someone stealing out of the pump behind the garage.  He locked the pump and filled a gas can water and left it next to the pump. The neighbors car was at the end of the driveway the next morning.

You know what they say: barbed wire fences, land mines and AK47's make good neighbors!
Boy, back in my day..

RPowers

Quote from: Corley5 on April 28, 2017, 09:36:50 PM
    I wish phones had a remote detonate feature. 

Ain't that the truth! Had idiots bashing mailboxes where I lived a few years back. They hit mine twice in a month. If I had contact explosives that thing woulda been rigged for effect.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

WV Sawmiller

Be careful. I read a tale about a guy tired of his mailbox getting smashed so he welded up a reinforced one and a little later the local idiots came by and Micky Mantle swung for the fence, his bat broke on the mailbox, splintered back and killed him. (Darwin awards at work.) His family sued the mailbox owner.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Texas Ranger

Had a couple of hundred dollars worth of forestry hand tools stolen out of my van, locked did not stop them.  the stuff was stand table books, hypsometers, prizons, bark hammer, etc.  Who took them had no use for them but they never came home.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Don P

They cleaned out Dad's truck in the Lowes parking lot, he got to see it later on the store video but they never caught them.

I used to carry an old craftsman 10" bench saw to the jobs when we travelled around. Got back to the truck at the grocery store and it was on the open tailgate. I suspect a little strung out somebody dropped something trying to lift that out solo  :D

I left my wallet in the Honda down at the sawmill the other night, went back down for it an hour or so later and it was gone. The next day I took the Honda to work and left the truck down there. My wallet was in the truck when I got home. I know who it was. The wheel of karma rolls slowly but grinds fine.

4x4American

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 29, 2017, 01:33:12 PM
   Be careful. I read a tale about a guy tired of his mailbox getting smashed so he welded up a reinforced one and a little later the local idiots came by and Micky Mantle swung for the fence, his bat broke on the mailbox, splintered back and killed him. (Darwin awards at work.) His family sued the mailbox owner.

And I bet the mailbox owner lost?
My friends father got tired of the mailbox baseball thing, his wife got him an all steel skookum mailbox, and he set it in a pad of concrete. This guy is a kind of hothead sicilian, and I feel like if he got sued for someone grtting killed on account of his mailbox, I feel like people would be dropping lol
Boy, back in my day..

red

Passengers window broken in Washington DC on suburban. Nothing valuable taken but we had lots of food in plain sight. Police said definitely homeless people. We got some clear plastic from an auto body shop the police recommended. Plastic made it all the way home , four hour trip.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!