iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

junk I hauled home from an auction last year...

Started by zopi, March 14, 2012, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Gave a hundred twenty five bucks for a big john deere lesco commercial mower, which for some reason the crowd thought had a bent crankshaft...beats me why they all thought a belt drive mower would have a bent shaft... ::) I guess some of them should have got greasy looking it over..oh well...  I got it to run today, and mowed about half an acre just because it is sort of fun to play with....
Also brought home one of those 1200 dollar billy goat blowers...the only thing wrong with it was two flat tires...cleaned the carb out and pretty much blew crap all over the yard playing with it...that thing is cool beans...want to see an afternoon's sawdust go bye bye?  :D

Add that to the trenchmaster bed edger I snagged for cheap...all it really needed was cleaning up and a couple frame cracks welded..got that thing going and running good the other day...that is around nine thousand dollars worth of equipment for maybe four hundred. being able to fix stuff is great.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

sawguy21

:D :D One man's junk is another man's treasure. Sounds like you did very well, you knew what to look for. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

zopi

I love auctions...the billy goat was twenty five bucks...

Years ago, I bought the frst twenty years of playboy...less the first issue...unfortunately.
I once gave ten bucks for a box of geiger counters, of all things...turned around and got mobbed...so I held a dutch auction right there on the spot...hundred twenty bucks later..

Wife just hauled a 1930's erector set in...and a one off european purse worth several hundred bucks...a 1952 singer sewing machine, which I have overhauled and it works flawlessly...been looking for a machine for me, amd all but tackled a woman putting a mid sixties kenmore in a dumpster the other day...the instructions were still sealed in plastic...the bearings still showed their origonal tool marks...not even polished by use...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Al_Smith

I had to quit going to them .Ran out of space .

I once thought I was buying two wall mounted toilets but was surprised when I bought 26 for like 40 bucks .Used one ,broke two and the rest are taking up space in my shop .

The best deal I ever had was two fold .A pallet piled 8 inchs high with high speed steel lathe cutters for 8 bucks  and an entire two pallets full of lathe chucks for 60 .Sold over 300 bucks worth of chucks at the sale and still hauled home over a dozen .I've got a 16 inch 4 jaw I can't even lift .Need a skid loader I guess .

zopi

lol.  I have quit going too...until I catch up. That dump trailer I built out of that ford trick was paid for by selling an obsolete skid loader with a blown engine....ironically now, I have the tools to cast the parts I would need to install another engine...oh well...
I need to go to a few amd scare up an engine for my chipper...but I am broke so..I guess ot will wait.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Al_Smith

I just run out of time because of my screwed up work schedual .One reason I've yet to get the mill done .

Even if and when more often times I spend more time trying to remember where I stashed a certain item of junk than I do doing the work .It's not a question of if ,it's a question of where .Geeze I lost an air conditioning vacuum pump that took me a week to find .How in the 'ell can you loose one of those ?

lumberjack48

I used to have everything i needed, but i still had to go to the store to buy it, because i couldn't find it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

zopi

I have that problem...after I retired, I started getting things done around here, and as I ised up hoarded tools amd materials, they have, by some weird chaos theory begun to organize themselves...I need a bigger workshop.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!