iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Video of old time logging, sawmilling, and railroad tie making.

Started by Bibbyman, October 16, 2005, 06:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

On a couple of occasions I've made mention of videos available through the Missouri Department of Conservation.  People have asked how to get these videos and I was not able to give them a reply.

Well,   the latest edition of the Missouri Conservationist was devoted to things you could get through the Nature Shop.  Tons of things from videos, books, pins, calendars, etc.

Two videos I can recommend are ...

Grandin

In the late 1800s, the Ozarks were home to the largest sawmill in the nation. Through still images and video this shows the story of the people who worked there, how they lived and what they left behind. Junior High-Adult, 1991, 24 minutes.

Stamp of Character

Intense manual labor, animal-powered wagons, stream-driven loaders and the creosote treating process are featured. Sound-enhanced footage provides a unique look at the process of manufacturing a railroad cross tie during a period when forests covered two-thirds of Missouri. 23 minutes.

These videos are now available on DVD at $7.50 each or together for $10.00. 

Missouri Forests/Hills/Streams

Nature shop home page

Shop 'til you drop!   8)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

When I read Bibb's post I thought I'de search Ebay for the fun of it and found this which may be of interest to some collectors.

Ebay Link
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!