iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Remote chainsaw throttle

Started by Tree Dan, February 23, 2016, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Dan

Hey guys, I need to make a cable type of a remote throttle for my 880.

I thought I saw some pics on our site here, but cant find them.

Any pictures or tips will help.

Dan
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

sprucebunny

For about $5 you can get a cable with a lever and mounting point on one end.
If you want a twist type throttle, you can make one with a used cable and a couple pieces of PVC.
I did the second to a small Stihl and the saw's go button had enough spring return to not need help.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tree Dan

Thanks.. I do have a lawnmower throttle cable that I can mount to the csm frame.
I thought I heard of one of the members here drilling a hole in the trigger then running the throttle wire through it.
This is for a chain saw mill.  the 880 is too fast wide open, plus I would like to be able to have more control on the rpm while milling.

6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

sprucebunny

Hilltop366

My first thought is thats why I saved the dead bush saw. ;D

Did you save your dead bush saw Tree Dan?

I'm not sure about running a saw at partial throttle as far as I know chainsaw carbs are designed to meter fuel properly at idol and full throttle, not so precise in between may run rich or lean at other positions.

Tree Dan

Hey that's a neat throttle you made there 8) nice job.
Its the part right at the trigger that I need help with.
It looks like you added a piece to the trigger and then drilled through that?

Thanks

Tree Dan

Quote from: Hilltop366 on February 23, 2016, 01:25:55 PM
My first thought is thats why I saved the dead bush saw. ;D

Did you save your dead bush saw Tree Dan?

I'm not sure about running a saw at partial throttle as far as I know chainsaw carbs are designed to meter fuel properly at idol and full throttle, not so precise in between may run rich or lean at other positions.

Yes I did ;D there all hanging up in the wood shed.

Im a little different, a lot of times I don't run my saw a full wide open, but the mill likes the saw better when its less than full speed.

sprucebunny

Thanks for the compliment  :) It seems a little crude to me but it works well.

I screwed that piece of nylon webbing to the other side of the handle next to the throttle button, jammed the cable thru that and used one of those stoppers.

Thank You Sponsors!