iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went to Newnan Tuesday.

Started by blade69001, November 30, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade69001

Well it seamed to take for ever to get everything in order but it finally worked out. Changed my holiday plans and spent Tuesday making the trip to pick up a new LT15. It rained almost the whole way home Tuesday, then Wednesday I had to jump back in the truck and drive up to northern Va. for Thanksgiving. The whole time I was looking at all the trees thinking about getting home to try out the mill on the 100 plus logs I have already stashed in a couple of places. Saturday I threw the last of the short ones out of my own back yard on and got started. 6 hours and 700 Bf later I ran out of daylight.  Best day I have spent working in a while.
I did have the presence of mind to stop and grab this picture of the first shorty on the mill.

Sean P.   
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

Magicman

Well, just look at you go.  Congratulations!!!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

slider

sounds like you have been busy.Nice mill.
al glenn

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

78NHTFY

No better way to work off a Thanksgiving dinner  :D :D :D.  Or were you too excited to even eat :laugh:  Congrats!!!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Kipper

Pretty Cool !!! When in the world are you gonna let me come see it ? just kidding, I know how busy things can be. Congratulations!
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Sixacresand

Congratulations Blade69001.  I have enjoyed my trips to Newnan, too. But could not get home quick enough to try out the mills.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

blade69001

Thank you all,
    Spent the day today cleaning up and organizing some of my old blades and working out a design in my head for a simple log deck so I don't need a fork lift every time I need a log.  Should be interesting I will order some steel in the morning. Since most of my work is only 8' long I am thinking a three bed deck that I can adjust out to 10' or 12' if I need to.  I think the fabrication part of what I am doing is just as fun so I will have a great week of tinkering in my garage after hours this week.
Sean P.
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

Thank You Sponsors!