iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tooth spacing

Started by Sawmill Man, February 20, 2012, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawmill Man

Anyone have any experience with the inch and a eighth tooth spacing
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

beenthere

In reference to......... ?? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

The 1 1/8" blade that WM offers works well in soft wood but I don't find that it works as well as 7/8" tooth space in hardwood.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sawmill Man

I was hoping to take a bigger chip that would stay in the gullet better in wide dead pine

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Sawmill Man on February 20, 2012, 08:24:10 PM
Makes for one heck of a smile.  :) :) :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Sawmill Man

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 21, 2012, 08:00:05 AM
Quote from: Sawmill Man on February 20, 2012, 08:24:10 PM
Makes for one heck of a smile.  :) :) :)

Smiles and big dead pine usually do not go together, but that is sure what I'm after

JBS 181

I use a simonds that has a 1" tooth spacing and I really like it. I really like the deeper gullet. I would like to try that woodmizer blade with the 1 1/8 spacing as well. All I cut is pine. I think those wider tooth spacings would be to aggresive in hard wood.

Thank You Sponsors!