iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peavey

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 27, 2013, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I have two Logrite's and I love them, I was given a wooden handled one that was used at an old mill, and it was all beat up, however, I'm sure it was left outside all the time. 

There is certainly something nice about an old wood handled tool.  I like them hanging in my shop, but I use the Logrite for daily use. 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

I'm not trying to say which is better but my Father grew up with a wooden handle peavey and he treated that tool mighty nice.My Father was born in 1923 and used one to help load trucks with. But only on a small scale.I have at least 2 of his peaveys,if not 3. I think he treated that peavey better than any one he knew too.  :(  It was not something that got thrown around. Or left out side,even over night. We was using one some when we was logging. He kept his eye on that tool. Just the same as your chainsaw.As I said before I don't think I ever saw one broke. He used the peavey and the point would start to fall out of the end of the wood. Than it was time for a new handle. I had to buy one because of that reason after my Father died. I still have 4-5 of the half round hooks hanging up in the old house. When they would not hold the way my Father thought they should,he would swap it out with another. After he had so many he would take them to the blacksmith and have them redone so the angle was right.
And I do know a Logrite would eliminate all of the above problems too.  ;D I would of liked to see a Logrite being used by my Father.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

KBforester

I bought a peavey Timber jack type cant hook about 2 years ago. I can't say I did it because I prefer wood, I did it because i like to support Maine businesses, especially a forest products producer/buyer. Unfortunately the socket that held the metal "T"  bar split open the 2nd log I jacked up. Peavey is a good company, I'm sure they would have replaced the metal head if I complained, but I think I'm just going to get logrite, I've been putting it off. I feel bad not supporting a local company, but a better product is a better product.
Trees are good.

Jeff

Quote from: KBforester on March 28, 2013, 10:12:25 AM
I feel bad not supporting a local company, but a better product is a better product.

I think that is more than offset in this case where in turn you would be supporting a company that supports the forum that you use.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Logrite is local.  Just a pleasant phone call and a short UPS ride away.   logrite_cool    smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!