iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine Lumbermen and River Drivers Thursday at 10:00 pm est on Maine PBS.

Started by SwampDonkey, February 14, 2012, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Just thought I'd pass the word to any Mainers. A program called "Maine Lumbermen and River Drivers" airs Thursday at 10:00 pm est on Maine PBS.

Cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Past my bed time but will check it out. With my recorder. In The Blood in the name of it. Thank you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

KBforester

Trees are good.

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

KBforester

Trees are good.

snowstorm

its all about the machias lumber co around 1930. a tour in the woods down the river thu the mill and onto a wooden sailing schooner

SwampDonkey

It's nice someone took the time and had the forethought to film some footage. :)

snowstorm

i have several like that....from stump to ship from the 30's somewhat like woodsmen and river drivers  machias lumber. also have a traing flim from 1940.....so you want to be a woodsman.....from the brown co berlin nh. i got them all from northeast historic flim bucksport me

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Mom's uncle was always shooting video with a color camera, but no sound in those times. Has some footage of the steam engine that went up by the place and the blasting of the dam site at Tobique Narrows. My relatives were the original homesteaders in that area and the dam site was their home place, house and barns and other buildings. They were evicted off the land, with a small compensation. The old man died that winter, the whole episode killed him. It was his father who was the original settler.

snowstorm

there are a couple lakes here that used to be towns. flagstaff and wyman lake some of the buildings were moved some flooded when the dams were built

thecfarm

My mother's relatives came from Flagstaff.
I stayed up and watch and taped the whole thing. Well worth it.

SwampDonkey

I fell asleep before it came on and woke up 5 minutes after it ended.  :-\

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 17, 2012, 11:56:11 AM
I fell asleep before it came on and woke up 5 minutes after it ended.  :-\

I hate when that happens......

Thank You Sponsors!