iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE NEW MILL IS HOME!

Started by 123maxbars, May 09, 2019, 10:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

After being without a sawmill for just shy of two months I finally got the new mill this past Monday. Me and my dad made the 7 hour trip from TN to Indy to pick her up.  My last mill was a Hyd LT35 with a 25hp Kohler engine.
Specs on the new sawmill:
LT40 Wide
35hp Yanmar Diesel
De Barker
Board Return
Lube Mizer
HP Blade Guides
Accuset 2
Remotes/Command center.

Lots to learn on the new sawmill which I hope to get fired up on the morning. Here is a video showing some of the mill set up and the first log I cut on the mill. The first time I sent the head toward the log I tried to walk with the log ;D I was so use to walking with the mill that the new remote will be something I have to train my muscle memory to get use to operating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab6nfpNy5I

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Matak

Congrats!  Looking forward to some good milling vids on your channel.

YellowHammer

Congratulations. You've got a good one.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

123maxbars

Quote from: YellowHammer on May 09, 2019, 10:26:38 PM
Congratulations. You've got a good one.
Forgot to mention thanks to @YellowHammer and @POSTON WIDEHEAD for the Diesel recommendation and helping me spec out the new sawmill. 
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Southside

Congratulations - did the same thing the first time I ran a command control mill, took one big step and "Thumped" my chest right into the control box!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

123maxbars

Quote from: Southside on May 09, 2019, 10:41:57 PM
Congratulations - did the same thing the first time I ran a command control mill, took one big step and "Thumped" my chest right into the control box!  
It was the second pain of the day for me, the first one was writing the check for the sawmill, the second was the bruise on my chest. 
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm happy for you.
With a 2 year warranty go ahead and tear up something. 😂😂😂
You'll love life better now!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andries

Wooohooo Nathan!
Way to go man.
Good choice and many happy hours exploring the new possibilities.
8)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WV Sawmiller

Nathan,

Congratulations. That tunnel sure looked like on on I-77 down at the WV/VA line.

I ran an LT50 an hour or so to show a guy how to operate one and my big problem with the autoclutch was not having a manual clutch arm to hold on with my right hand like I do on my LT35 so I'd rest it on the control box and my thumb would rest on and move the speed controller making me go faster or slower than I wanted.

You will have to make some big adjustments in your process now. Like you mention not walking beside the mill. Maybe is where you unload the lumber with the drag back. I always unload off the other end but if the mill brought the lumber to me obviously I would have to change that. Great looking new mill. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of wide slabs coming off now.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Picking up that remote and carrying it along with you as you walk beside the mill is not how that whole set-up was designed :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dana Stanley

Now you can get back to making awesome more videos!!
Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

Mossy Chariot

Congrats Nathan!  8)  I think the sweet sound of that diesel firing up this morning woke me up this morning.  :D :D
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

Magicman

Congratulations Nathan on taking this next huge step in your sawing career.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Percy

Cool!!! Wide heads must RULE!!! I cudda sure used one the other day.... Congrats. ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

flatrock58

Congrats Nathan. I am sure you will be wide open in no time after you get used to the new bells and whistles.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

jbjbuild

Congrats Nathan! Looking foward to seeing some awesome new videos with the new mill.
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

Brad_bb

Cool.  This means wider slabs, which means bigger, heavier logs and slabs to move.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Brad_bb

Looks like you've got enough land that you could build 3 or more solar kilns for slabs.  I think YellowHammer likes to do slabs in the solar kiln.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

E-Tex

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

123maxbars

Quote from: WDH on May 10, 2019, 07:16:02 AM
Picking up that remote and carrying it along with you as you walk beside the mill is not how that whole set-up was designed :D.
:-\ WDH, I should have called for advice before operating, 
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Sixacresand

Good for you, Nathan.  Have fun with it.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Crossroads

Congratulations Nathan, you just might have to start going to the gym to get your exercise now 😁
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

terrifictimbersllc

And if you pull your truck forward just right you can sit on the tailgate, coffee and donuts at hand. Congratulations!.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

KenMac

Congrats on the new mill! Hope you have a million bd. ft. in no time!
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Thank You Sponsors!