iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newest Addition Dump Trailer -pics

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, September 29, 2010, 07:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Here is my newest addition to our equipment line-up, a 6 x 10 dump trailer with 10,000 capacity. I bought this particular one because you can fold the side down to load logs with ramps or so that you can load and unload lumber using a forklift or tractor with a forklift attachment.

Have been wanting one of these for the longest time and finally found a dealer in Michigan that cut me a deal that I could not pass up, plus he took a small utility trailer as a trade and gave me darn near what I paid for it 7 years ago.

Will use it to deliver lumber, deliver bundled firewood, pick up free logs and firewood, and to transport some of the rustic log furniture we make to and from shows and local dealers that carry our items.

One suggestion if you get one, get an adjustable hitch that you can change the ball height on easily by just moving two pins as opposed to the ones you need to take bolts out to adjust, because your friends will want to borrow it and almost every truck sits at a different height. My 1988 one ton c3500 sits up mich higher than just about every other 2 wheel drive truck I have ever seen. Having an easy to adjust hitch height simplifies things greatly and has the trailer tow at the proper angle.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Buck

I just made a deal on a 6 x 12 gooseneck. it is small but after only a month I dont know how i ever made it without it.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Busy Beaver Lumber

I'm with you on that thought Buck. I haul approximately 6 to 10 cords of firewood a week. Nice part is that the Amish fellow I buy most of it from loads the wood in the trailer for free, but then when I get to the shop or make a delivery directly to a customer, it takes a half hour a trailer load to unload the trailer I was using. Lots of wasted time. Now I just back up and push the button and dump it in 30 seconds and don't wear myself out. At almost 50 years old, and with 3 spine surgeries and 2 shoulder surgeries, anything I can do to save some back pains is well worth it as far as I am concerned. I really like the fold down side. It makes it a breeze to load with forklift or by using a couple simple ramps and a winch to load logs.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

fred in montana

Very nice. How much does one cost if I can ask?
woodmizer lt15, mf 65 tractor
logdovetailjig.com

Busy Beaver Lumber

Trailer as you see it ran $4300. Spare tire and rim, plus spare tire mount on front of the trailer added $125, and I had him add 4 heavy duty D rings to tie things down with and to use with my winch to load logs which ran me another $100, so all total $4525

You can find cheaper, but be sure you know what you are getting. This has Dexter 5200 pound quick lube axles, brand new tires, brakes on both axles, dual cylinders to lift the bed, sealed Led tailights, built in extensions so you can add a 2 x 12 board to both sides, a tailgate that opens like barn doors or can be used as a spreader like the gate on a dump truck and interstate deep cycling marine battery
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Buck

Im gradually putting a real firewood business together.  The only item left on the wish list is the bundler. Your posts are a real inspiration. Keep em coming. I will be bending your ear I'm quite sure.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

paul case

hey b b,
looks like maybe you need to update the list of toystools at the bottom of your posts?  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

ladylake

I want one, might go shopping today.  Anyone know of any good buys in MN or close by.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

gunman63

Steve, I just  bought a new one a month ago, big tex brand, 14', 14000 lb.GVW, 3 way gate, LED lights, D rings inside, ramps for the skid steer, $6300,plus fees and taxes. PJ's are a little less,  but a little lighter built, but are still a ok trailer, buddy sells big tex trailers, dont mind spending a little more there, always get a lot  of freebies thru he year from him.  Bought a used load king a couple years  back, same  size, for $4000, used it for 2 years, sold it for $4000 before i bought this one , was time for tires , in my mind anyways, it was a no brainer to update. On this new one, put on 2 foot sides, and a gate in the  middle so i can  dump 2 cords of firewood at one place, or  dump  1 cord at 2 places, works slick.

DGK

Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

Ironwood

You folks may want to think about Goodyear "G" series full steel cased tires for these trailers when the time comes. They are the smallest (16") tire available with steel all the way around like tractor trailer tires. I just put two more on one of my Butler single axle tilt beds, the last trialer in my fleet which did not have them.  So, I must be running, two single tilt beds, one tandem deck over , and one or two log arch/ brindles w/ these AWSOME tires. I get them from local commercial tire shop. If the are "local" trialers I run retreads ($100 ea), if over the road, then new ($250 ea). I use 225-16's as they keep the decks closer to the ground.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

nas

After searching for a couple of months I just bought a 6x12' 12,000lb dump trailer from a friends father in law.  It needs a little work, but the axles, tires, and hydraulic system is good.  The price was even better. $500 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

gunman63

3 loose cord, and only 10,000 lbs, 3 cords here in the states,  is 13-15000 lbs more or less, never make it with the DOT.  I like the sides  but the frame is awful close to the  ground if its soft or have snow. or the pic could be decieving

Corley5

Beware of rectangular tube frames with these trailers especially if you live in road salt country.  My first dump trailer's frame rotted from the inside out and broke at 2 1/2 years of age. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

paul case

nick,
you didnt buy it you stole it. the hydraulic pump unit and cylinders probably cost more than that.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Ironwood

I like a heavy load LOW. For instance I hate putting an 8000 lbs forklift on a deckover, I'd rather borrow my buddies equipment trailer and keep it low. So, for me just keep it up a foot or two and I am good.

I was going to build my own out of a duece body and hoist from an old 5 ton truck, but decided to build a smaller unit out of a M-105. I put a whole new channel frame under it. Built it low for ease of loading w/ my FEL.

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Slingshot

Good looking trailers you guys have.
   I'm planning to use the dump hoist off this former grain wagon to make a
   dump trailer. Don't know what it is rated at but when it had the sides on it
    I could haul and dump a large load of dirt with it.
        I also have a smaller dump hoist like this unit.

Magicman

sling_shot   I like your dump wagon, but a load of slabs into an open field??  You gonna have a wiener/marshmellow  roast  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Slingshot

No wiener/marshmellow roast :).    That area is back out of my way down over a little hillside in
  a rather rough area. And out of sight of neighbors  ;D.
    Also where I can burn them or let em' rot.  teeter_totter

DGK

Quote from: gunman63 on September 30, 2010, 11:47:34 AM
3 loose cord, and only 10,000 lbs, 3 cords here in the states,  is 13-15000 lbs more or less, never make it with the DOT.  I like the sides  but the frame is awful close to the  ground if its soft or have snow. or the pic could be decieving

3 loose cords of dry beetle killed spruce approximately 8300 pounds. We have hauled over 3.5 million pounds of wood in the past 2 1/2 years without a problem with the height of the trailer. The trailer jack foot can scrape the ground if backing up a steep drive from a level surface though.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

Ironwood

3.5 million :o :o   I thought  I was doing good having hauled 350,000 lbs of concrete block (4'x4' blocks) in a couple of weeks, that IS impressive.

Ironwood

gunman63

thats what i  thought too, when i read that,WOW. 3.5 million pounds thats a lot of firewood. so converted it to cords using your figures, if i figured it right about 1300 cords. a pile of firewood.  then i figure my firewood sales that way,  last 3 years averaged 500 full cords year of hardwood cut and split, used 4700 lbs a cord , which i think im lite there,  it figures out to be 7,050,000 lbs. way more impresive than saying 500 cords a year for the  last 3 years. 

Meadows Miller

Gday

Nice looking trailer for the price Busy  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

DGK

Quote from: gunman63 on October 01, 2010, 07:26:03 PM
thats what i  thought too, when i read that,WOW. 3.5 million pounds thats a lot of firewood. so converted it to cords using your figures, if i figured it right about 1300 cords. a pile of firewood.  then i figure my firewood sales that way,  last 3 years averaged 500 full cords year of hardwood cut and split, used 4700 lbs a cord , which i think im lite there,  it figures out to be 7,050,000 lbs. way more impresive than saying 500 cords a year for the  last 3 years. 

Your math is correct, pounds does sound much more impressive. I gave the weight figure to highlight the durability of the trailer.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

johncinquo

You came to MI to buy a trailer, and all us MI guys drive down to IN to get a deal on a trailer!  They always are less down there by several of the manufacturers or the dealers right under the boarder.  Bought my last 3 down there, sold the first 2 for more than I paid for them. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Thank You Sponsors!