iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2018 15th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Paying it forward.  My old onan being towed off to go to its new home by @jb616 and Chet.  Now I can quit tripping over it!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

glassman_48

I just got back from the pigroast, I won a beautiful model replica of jeff's forestry forum truck, what a great idea and what a nice gift.  The most fun was watching the kids come up and win a prize.  Jeff and his family really come up with some great ideas for their pigroast every year.  All of their family and volunteers work so hard every year, its really the best pigroast year after year.  Thanks Jeff and family and everyone who helps out and who attends, another great event.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

Great visits, food, and prizes.  Thanks everyone.  We would have liked to stay longer but we've got concert tickets.  We're in Kalamazoo now😎
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Thank You Jeff, Tammy, and Family for your usual FF Pig Roast Hospitality.  Also Thank You Sponsors for the wonderful Door Prizes.  We are on the road so yes, pictures when we get home.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

derhntr

Thank you Jeff and Tammy and all the FF sponsors for a wonderful get together at the 2018 Pig Roast. 

Da Boss aka Jeff and  Bob aka Mr Pigman with a door prize winner Bonnie "Mrs Derhntr" 

Beautiful cherry table hand crafted by Mr Pigman. 

2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

SwampDonkey

Wow, I can see a nice lamp sitting on that table by a favorite chair. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

olcowhand

I too, would like to express our appreciation for a well- thought out (and executed) event.
This was our first Pig Roast; we met many FF Members, a few FF "Legends", and shared smiles with even more. We had very good food, and also shared in the Door Prizes (While I didn't win my heart's desire, I managed to please both my wife and daughter with the prizes I did win....), including that wonderfully crafted Cedar Swing made by Yukon.
All in all, we had a great time, and can't thank Jeff and family enough.
Our prayers are with you all who are travelling to arrive safely at your destinations.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on August 04, 2018, 12:21:35 AM
Paying it forward.  My old onan being towed off to go to its new home by @jb616 and Chet.  Now I can quit tripping over it!

I feel I got one of the best prizes! Everything else is a bonus! Awesome group of people (family) from all walks of life and all areas of this country and our neighbors to the North. I made new friends and put faces to usernames. Thanks to Jeff, Woodmizer, Logrite, Rooster, and everyone there for their generosity and I can't say enough for the incredible food. Sign me up for next year!  

yukon cornelius

We are packed up and headed south. I want to say a special thank you to Jeff and Tammy. I also want to thank log rite, Wood-mizer, Council Tools and all the other sponsors for supporting this event and the forum.  We had a great time! It is just amazing how great the people of this forum are. The sponsors and members are so generous to bring all the awesome door prizes. The food was great along with all the conversations through the day. 

If you have been thinking about going, quit thinking and start planning. You won't regret it. We look forward to the next time we get to see our forum friends! 
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

DbltreeBelgians

Wow! What a great time Jill and I had at our first of hopefully many more pig roasts. First and foremost we'd like to thank Jeff, Tammy and family for putting on such a great event. My hat's off to you all. A special thanks is also in order for each and every sponsor and individual that donated all the great door prizes and giveaways.
I was honored to be recruited 8) by "MagicMan" and "WDH" to help cut up the hog and do a little quality control to make sure it was just right for everyone to enjoy. Thanks guys, what a grin ;D.
Thank you to the group of ladies that took Jill under their wings while I was locked in on learning about Mr. Truck from Jeff.
Yukon, have a safe trip back to the "Show Me State" and I want to see a picture of those bright new suspenders on your bunker pants.
I also want to thank "Rooster" and Council Tools for the great door prize. I'll put the axe to good use after I put a good edge on it like you showed me how to do.
We had a wonderful time meeting all the members and their families and look forward to next year.
Until next time, thank you all.

Brent & Jill 
DblTreeBelgians 

Oh, one other thing to Mr. "WideHead", I'm real sorry about that picture Danny sent you in regards to the Blueberry Waffle Cone ice cream.  cone_1
Guess ya had to be there to understand  ;D

Jeff

Wanted to take a second d to thank the sponsors and all of you our great members for coming and sharing your time at our home. We love you all.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DbltreeBelgians

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

Texas Ranger

Pictures, we need pictures!  No pictures didn't happen. smiley_devil smiley_devil
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Jeff

I dont have many. I'll also let others tell about the events of the day. Tough for me to see to type much.

Weekend_Sawyer

Chris and I made it home safely.
Our plan was to overnight in Niagara falls but between a polo game and the Canadian long weekend there were no vacancies. So we rode an hour past the falls, stopped for a break and called hotels an hours ride ahead. No vacancies.
We repeated this over and over until around 4 am when we decided to just go for it and run for home.

Soo 20 hours and 820 miles later we made it home.

Great seeing everyone. I'll post some pix later when my hands wake up. They are pretty number right now. ;D

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Jeff on August 05, 2018, 03:50:27 PM
I dont have many. I'll also let others tell about the events of the day. Tough for me to see to type much.

Did you hire a bouncer?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Cool little model FF trucks. Who put those together/built them?

Nice collection of axes, the teacher has their full attention. ;)

Nice guitar, is there a story on it Jeff? :) I read some time ago about someone making one with Osage wood. That was quite awhile ago.

Weekend_Sawyer

Here is a really cool pice of inadvertent art made by the logrite folks.

Here's Rooster showing us how to put a razor edge on an ax.

And prooving it!

Weekend_Sawyer

Jeff in the spotlight.

Jeff's fingerwork has Danny's undivided attention.

Wonderful time with wonderful folks.

WDH

GAB brought a turkey cooker, Magicman brought the green peanuts, and we boiled some peanuts, a Southern specialty.  Many of the Glaciated Northerners had never tried them or were too scared to try them.  All in all, they were pretty well received.  From the left, Pigman, Petefrombearswamp, and Trapper.  That is DPatton and his wife in the background.

Here is the pig getting readied to be injected with Jeff's pig injection concoction. 

Pig is done and getting readied for cutting and slicing.  From the left, Magicman,
Weekend-Sawyer, and Furby.

Dbltree Belgians and DPatton were two new recruits to pig cutting boot camp.  Here is the Boss and Master Chef and Scooby Doo.

Here is Dbltree Belgians eating blueberry waffle cone ice cream and getting the Goat's goat.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!