iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I cant count any more

Started by Mtnjack, June 16, 2006, 07:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtnjack

Teaching Math In the fifties: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In the sixties: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In the seventies: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In the eighties: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20 Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In the nineties: A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)

Teaching Math In 2005: Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

chet

;D  dats a good one

sad part it's all too true  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

joelmar10

I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

Ga_Boy

Mtnjack,

I am in the market for 1 MBF of Basswood logs.  Got any for sale?

Oh, Yes...Like Jeff said, the sad part is it is all true..... ::)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

getoverit

Yo kiero uno mil basswood, hecho en Florida.  ;D

Cual es la questa??

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Mtnjack

Ga Boy   Sorry but dont have much basswood in the area, i could use some myself.  Mtn Jack

Ga_Boy

GOI,

No habla espaniol.....

Can you translate to GA redneck?
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

crtreedude

It's okay, GOI doesn't speak Spanish either... I think him and Harold are about on par...  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

getoverit

:) :) :)

Yo kiero uno mil basswood, hecho en Florida.  Cual es la questa??

this is supposed to say:

I want 1000 feet of basswood, made in Florida. what is the cost? (or something close to that)

The funny thing about spanish is that different regions have different dialects, sometimes even within a small country. It is all spanish and they all understand it, but it is just said differently in different areas. I can carry on a conversation in spanish, but typing it is somewhat of a challenge. I'm not an expert in the language by any stretch of the imagination ;)

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Thank You Sponsors!