iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!

Started by Deese, August 22, 2013, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

I was quite surprised to find this sitting outside the office just a few minutes ago  :)

The 15' track is there too...just can't see it in this pic.
Let me tell you how good Ed Zimmerman and his company have been to me:

When ordering the mill, I decided NOT to buy the trailer package that's an additional $400.
I also forgot to add the cost of one of his cant hooks to the order...I just put the check in the mail for the cant hook yesterday. Well, the mill just arrived with the cant hook AND the trailer package! 8)
Just wanted to let everyone know how good EZ Boardwalk treats their customers. I am very glad that I chose to do business with such great people.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Herb Brooks

Looks like a good excuse to shut the office down early!!  Congratulations!!!

mesquite buckeye

Have fun and be careful. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

amgont75

Looks like your fun is about to begin.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Andrew From Arizona

dgdrls

No turning back now :D 

All the posts and feedback I read about EZ are positive.

Take your time and enjoy your new mill.

Best
DGD

Nomad

I'm betting you don't get any sleep tonight. ;D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

m wood

way to go deese!  keep the pic rolling in
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

hackberry jake

Sure is an exciting day. I remember when I brought mine home

Ur gunna love that mill. The biggest complaint I have about mine is the name. Who wants a mill named "Jr."?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

YellowHammer

That's great! 8) Also that they have enough experience to know what you need so that you don't get disappointed or frustrated later.  That's how a good company treats and keeps customers.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Dave Shepard

Quote from: hackberry jake on August 22, 2013, 06:37:50 PM

Ur gunna love that mill. The biggest complaint I have about mine is the name. Who wants a mill named "Jr."?

Well, would you be happier if it was named Bubba? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hackberry jake

Quote from: Dave Shepard on August 22, 2013, 07:42:47 PM
Quote from: hackberry jake on August 22, 2013, 06:37:50 PM

Well, would you be happier if it was named Bubba? :D
I think my mill just got a new name  8)

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

Add that critter to your signature line and start sawing!!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Deese

Got the mill assembled tonight. Going to be a fun weekend  :)
Cooks AE4P Edger

Po-Jo

congrats deese, got a question for hackberry jake. You see that silver bolt in bed track ( bottom left corner of picture) in deeses picture. What is that for????  I got the same mill also deese , your gonna be happy with how smooth and effortlessly the saw head adjust up / down

Andy White

Deese
Good looking mill you have there. Are you going to saw in that shop, or move it outside when sawing? Nothing like rubbing off new paint! Keep the pictures coming, and be careful. Have fun.     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

drobertson

that is fantastic! I was thinking you said it would be a while longer before you got it, just glad you did, going to be a good week end, now, you have those logs ready?   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

Gotta love that "new mill" smell!  Have fun and be CAREFUL.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WDH

Don't rush in and start trying to saw until you have properly set up and aligned all aspects of the mill.  That is a common problem. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Skoalbandit78

Congratulations Deese. Have fun with your new toy. 8)

EZland

Po-Jo   You see that silver bolt in bed track ( bottom left corner of picture) in deeses picture. What is that for?
I have a EZ JR also. That bolt is most likely the bolt to stablize the mill when it is on wheels.  There are two bolts that are used to bolt the black "straps " to the rail when it is being moved.   

By the way Deese, Congrads.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

EZland

EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

Deese

Quotecongrats deese, got a question for hackberry jake. You see that silver bolt in bed track ( bottom left corner of picture) in deeses picture. What is that for?  I got the same mill also deese , your gonna be happy with how smooth and effortlessly the saw head adjust up / down

I would also like to know what this silver bolt is for...?

QuoteGood looking mill you have there. Are you going to saw in that shop, or move it outside when sawing?

I am going to move it under a big shed (old chicken house) before sawing. I don't have electricity in the shed yet.

QuoteUr gunna love that mill. The biggest complaint I have about mine is the name. Who wants a mill named "Jr."?

I agree!   :snowball:

Quotethat is fantastic! I was thinking you said it would be a while longer before you got it, just glad you did, going to be a good week end, now, you have those logs ready?

Yes, I was totally surprised to see the mill yesterday. I was thinking it would have been one day next week. They sure didn't waste any time getting it to me. I will be cutting a few trees this weekend to get things started...

Don't rush in and start trying to saw until you have properly set up and aligned all aspects of the mill.  That is a common problem. 

I plan on taking things really slow. As you can see in the pic, it's sitting on its axle. I've still got to figure out the easiest way to remove the axle and level the mill for sawing. I'm afraid this may be a big challenge without a front-end loader, etc to lift it high enough to remove the axle. I've got equipment here at the farm, but what do I do when I pull the mill to another location for sawing? I guess I need to invest in some jacks?
Cooks AE4P Edger

hackberry jake

Quote from: Po-Jo on August 23, 2013, 03:54:34 AM
congrats deese, got a question for hackberry jake. You see that silver bolt in bed track ( bottom left corner of picture) in deeses picture. What is that for????  I got the same mill also deese , your gonna be happy with how smooth and effortlessly the saw head adjust up / down
That bold looks like the carriage stop to me. Is so, it should be bolted to the outside of the frame instead of the inside. There is a metal plate on the side of the mill opposite the operator. You put the bold on the far end of the rail and the plate hits the bolt before the carriage runs off the rails. Hope this helps.

grweldon

Would it be necessary to remove the axle before milling?  My TK sits on the axle and has 6 bulldog hand-crank jacks attached to it for levelling.  Of course, it would be easier to load logs if it were lower and the 5000 lb log capacity of my mill might be because of the axle.  Just a thought...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Deese

QuoteThat bold looks like the carriage stop to me. Is so, it should be bolted to the outside of the frame instead of the inside. There is a metal plate on the side of the mill opposite the operator. You put the bold on the far end of the rail and the plate hits the bolt before the carriage runs off the rails.

Yup--this makes perfect sense. Gotta be what it is.

QuoteWould it be necessary to remove the axle before milling?  My TK sits on the axle and has 6 bulldog hand-crank jacks attached to it for levelling.  Of course, it would be easier to load logs if it were lower and the 5000 lb log capacity of my mill might be because of the axle.  Just a thought...

I'm not 100% sure if it would be necessary to remove it or not...I would probably need to remove it unless I am cutting really small logs that won't overload my axle. I'm simply guessing at this...
I guess I could call ED and ask him about it...

Also--I guess I could attach hand-crank jacks to the track and that would solve the whole problem.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Thank You Sponsors!