sizing a cant hook

Started by Kevin, November 14, 2011, 07:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Are the hooks different lengths or just the handles?
I searched around but didn't see how they were sized other than the handle length.

pnyberg

The 'Replacement Parts' page of the LogRite website lists 3 hook sizes:

• Replacement Hook for tools 48" and under
  • Replacement Hook for 60" tools
  • Replacement Hook for MegaHook

So clearly there's more to it than just handle length.

--Peter
No longer milling

Kevin

Thanks Peter, I have to call there this morning so I'll ask when I have them on the phone.

Kevin.

neslrite

The handle length gives you the leverage you want or need.
The handle length may also be decided by the area you will be working in.  Tight places require shorter handles - Mill specials are a good example.  If open space and working with logs on the ground, you don't want to be bending over too much, so longer handle is nice.

Now for the hooks:

The smallest hook we make, RH001 will optimally hook 8"-32" diameter log.  It is on any handle 48" or shorter.
The midsize hook, RH002 will optimally hook 10"-36" diameter log. Is on the 60" handle.
The biggest hook, RH003 will optimally hook 15"- 45" diameter log.  Only on the Megahook.

We matched the hook size to the length of the handle, to offer you enough leverage to actually move the size of the log you are hooking onto.

rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Dave VH

I just bought the 60" because baileys was currently out of the 48".  If I had known that they were designed for different size logs, I wouldn't of even looked at the 48".  I love the one that I got.  You should advertize the hook size differences, for the coralating log size, it would of made my decision easier.  I just got lucky on getting the right one.  I trully is the perfect one for me.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Tam-i-am

In our brochure we explain the 3 hook sizes and state the size logs they will grip.  I looked at the online store and if you are looking at the 60" tools or the megahook it specifies the size it will grip.  I guess I will have to make it easier to compare them on the new website.

Here are the hook sizes:
Hook #1  on all tools with 48" or less handle.  It will grip 8"-32" diameter.
Hook #2 on 60" tools and Xtremes.  Will grip 10" - 36" dia.
Hook #3 on the Megahook (78" long).  Will grip  15" - 45" dia.

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Dave VH

it was my bad, I never looked at them on your website, just baileys catalog, and I think their website too.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

Tam-i-am

no problem, I don't think it is very clear
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper