iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought a 1992 timberjack 230

Started by oldgold69, February 28, 2024, 01:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgold69

Got a230 a  It was sitting for three years. Got it running but we can't get the clutch to disengage. I don't think linkage is right. Clutch was supposed to have been replaced. But I am finding all kinds of loose bolts. It was missing the grapple. Bought a used sure grip grapple put it on . Claw works but not the rotator . Guy said it was working when removed. Do you have to bleed the rotator. Where  can a guy get a schematic for the rotator. It has two sets of two lines running down the stick to the rotator. Any help on these two problems would help. When I fix these problems, I'll have more lots more. Thank You.

thecfarm

Clutch rusted on to the plate? 
That can be a bear to get it to release.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Full Circle

I thought the same as thecfarm as I was reading your post.  Had it happen on a big (15') old Jacobsen mower my dad has. I just drove the machine around looking for high load situations (up hills,etc) with clutch pedal in.  It freed up after a little while. Might be worth a try, although the loose hardware you found does make you wonder. 
-Roy

fullcirclefarmandforest.com

moodnacreek

Once on a closed bell housing I drilled a hole in the right spot and got a long screwdriver between the clutch disc and the flywheel with the clutch pedal on the floor. That was on a car with a flat flywheel. Other times there was a way in to pry the disc off the flywheel. You need full travel of what ever opens   the clutch  and a way in.

Autocar

Put a hitch behind it and it will break free when you hit a hard spot on the trail
Bill

oldgold69

Well my son got the clutch to release. Then he was driving it around when the machine stopped in it's tracks. Now he let's the clutch out in gear doesn't move. But he can see the driveshaft get load on it then unload. But it doesn't make any noise. Do you think he took the center of the clutch out. Who would be the cheapest for parts. 

Thank You Sponsors!