iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Only in Yooper Land eh?

Started by Jeff, September 18, 2006, 11:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I wish I would have had the camera when I first saw it full of wood. By the time I got back to the cabin on the quad, got the camera and came back, they had it unloaded. :-\  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

At least they were well equipped if the tree dropped on them :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

chet

I fail ta see what makes da picture so significant.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

UNCLEBUCK

:D :D  In my town the plumbing company buys the used ambulances and there is alot of them going down the road but aint never seen one pullin a load  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Corley5

Pretty DanG progressive seeing as how they've got a dump trailer 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CHARLIE

Jeff, dem Yoopers are nice folks. I bet if you had ask 'em to, they would have reloaded the trailer so you could take a picture.

I was in Fremont, Nebraska about 10 years ago and they used concrete trucks to plow the snow. They had the blades attached to the front.  Looked kinda funny. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom_Averwater

There is an electrican that has an old ambulance with a man lift on top.It looks kind of funny , but I guess it serves the purpose.
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Reddog

Jeff,
Was that over in the Hulbert area?

And I am with Chet what is so odd with that. Haven't you ever seen a fire truck used as a service body? or on blocks as a shed?

Jeff

Nope, this was in the Detour Village area.  I been thinking about sending the photo to Jay Leno because he is known to talk about obesity alot.  Seems that would be a good punch line for that photo.

Heard about the obesity epidemic in Michigan?  :o  ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Errm, know any ambulance drivers or First Aid instructors.   :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

Quote from: CHARLIE on September 19, 2006, 01:10:07 AM

They had the blades attached to the front.  Looked kinda funny. ;D
Now Charlie, if the blade was attached to the back it would not work very well. ::)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ed_K

Firetruck made to haul round bales  :D.
Ed K

isawlogs

Jeff
   Did you check and made sure it did not have Québec plates on it ...
Quote from: pigman on September 19, 2006, 10:26:26 PM
Quote from: CHARLIE on September 19, 2006, 01:10:07 AM
They had the blades attached to the front. Looked kinda funny. ;D
Now Charlie, if the blade was attached to the back it would not work very well. ::)
Bob
Bob  we got some trucks out here with them there blades on da back of the truck  ::)  Wont be long now I will be able to send ya a pic of them . Not wanting to send it too quick now ... actually wouldnt mind not seeing them at all this year ..  :-\  I think I could live with out da white stuff for a while yet .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Left Coast Chris

Hey.......... now thats a high volume ambulance service.......fast disposal for those that don't quite make it to the hospital  :o
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Fred

Maybe the wood docter from that other forum checking up on ya. :D
                Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

Jim_Wahl

For some reason, when I first saw that picture, it reminded me of Winston Rothchild's
sewage sucking/pizza delivery service.
"If it's not on your desk by 8:00 the next morning, the next one is free!"
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warren

Not sure about Yooper Land.  Down here in Kentucky, the old ambulances sell pretty cheap.   Our county kept the last unit taken out of service because they couldn't get enough of a bid to make it worth while to sell.  Less than $2,000 I think... 
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

sawguy21

One of my landscape contractor customers had a retired ambulance as a service truck. He was very pleased with it, especially the double rear doors. Of course he had to disconnect the emergency lights before he was allowed to register it. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!