iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rosin Paper of roofing felt paper

Started by bulldozerjoe, September 03, 2019, 09:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldozerjoe

Under hard wood flooring, what's every ones preferred... Iv got 1200 square foot of 4 inch ash going in, in the next month...
Not sure what to put down thanks guys
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

low_48

I wouldn't want the smell of roofing felt paper inside the house.

Don P

We used to have deadening felt available in the local building supply, nobody seems to know what it is anymore. Basically tarpaper without the tar. Nowadays most use tarpaper. I've never smelled it after completion or had anyone comment that they did. We use rosin paper to protect the finished floor until completion.

bulldozerjoe

New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

reride82

I just put down about 1200 sq ft of hickory and used a roofing tar paper as an underlayment. There isn't any smell after it is down, only while in process.

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Mike W

I prefer felt paper whenever we install hard wood flooring, not against anything in particular, just seems to hold up well during the installation process.

Bruno of NH

I use 30lb felt with rosin paper over the felt.
Works great for me over the years.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

hackberry jake

Most of mine went in over linoleum so I didn't think moisture barrier was needed.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Nebraska

I used felt, the smell went away fairly quickly, Ive put in about 1800 square foot over the years, haven't had an issue.

Thank You Sponsors!