iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fisher Cat on Game cams

Started by Mooseherder, May 18, 2023, 06:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

2 Trail Cams down by the Stream caught a Fisher Cat on 3 different days.
Fisher Cat Sightings - YouTube

Don P

Very cool! Other than mounted I've seen one in the northwoods around '95. It blew through camp one night, pretty much stopped the flow and I stumbled back inside trying to describe what I had just seen fly by to my wife. Luckily there was one mounted in the nearby tavern and I got an Idee. I just called her upstairs to see this one live, she remembered immediately. That is cool  8).

peakbagger

My brother found a dead one on his front lawn in Billerica Mass. One block from the center of town. It had been hit by a car so they are not just a solitary wanderer of the deep woods. 

Mooseherder

Momma Moose hanging around the Stream with Calf.  The last clip the calf was trying to Nurse.  That's rare footage I think.

Moose by Stream Cams - YouTube

doctorb

Those trail cam videos are awesome.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Southside

That last video is incredible.  Doing the "head bump" just like any calf in a pasture.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Mooseherder

I had never even thought about it before and googled it.  Doing it in October when the calf should have already been weaned also.
Lots more blow downs in the area where they were hanging out.  Easy picking tree tops.

snobdds

I drove up to my cabin one day and saw one coming from the lower part carrying a squirel in it's mouth.  

We have a lot of Pika's that live in a rock outcropping that I love to sit on the porch and watch gather their food for winter.  Those fishers come to try and get the Pika's.  They get a few each year, but luckily Fishers have yet to figure out how to dig through rock. 

Mooseherder

SwampDonkey

Lots of moose activity around here lately. One walked through the garden the other night, cleared the ground hog fencing and never tore it down. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

This Moose was in the Reservoir last night by the atv trail.

Young Moose at St.Mary's Reservoir - YouTube

SwampDonkey

Looking for some aquatic greens. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Mooseherder

Moose and Coyotes active, a couple of bears and Deer
Maine Wildlife cams June - YouTube

Walnut Beast

SwampDonkey

A family of red foxes moved in this summer and I think they cleaned house on the ground hogs. Have not seen any in awhile.

Ron Scott

Active wildlife travel area. Good moose closeups.
~Ron

Magicman

Most excellent trail cam videos.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Today was a great day on the atv trail.  We did a loop around several towns and saw Turkeys, 2 lynx, a deer and a rabbit.  Total of 131 miles.  One bobcat entertained us for 8 minutes.  Here is a minute clip of the first lynx.

Bobcat on the atv trail. - YouTube

beenthere

Looks similar to a linx, or is it a linx? 

Nice cam catch.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

nativewolf

about 1min in you can see the distinctive fur tuft that looks like a bowtie- sure sign it is a bobcat.  Plus the ears are tufted.  

Lynx are a bit bigger though that would be hard to see in isolation.  Lynx also have big feet.  Really big feet. 

I have no idea if they get into Maine, don't see why not though.
Liking Walnut

Mooseherder

I think lynx are spotted more often than Bobcat in Maine.  This video is from 2004 in front of our cabin.  It's a big Bobcat.  It may of been my first upload to YouTube.

Maine Bobcat - YouTube

SwampDonkey

Tufted ears would suggest a lynx.

But I did see a bobcat here twice this winter along the highway. Only one I've seen. I see lynx mostly.

Mooseherder

My neighbor says I saw a Lynx. :D

What's the Game Warden have to say?
@Southside 

Southside

The one from '04 is an older Bobcat, the one from yesterday is a younger Lynx, they have had a decent population in The County for a long time. No white paint on the tip of the tail, the ear tufts, and the body shape make it clear. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!