iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Internet SUCKS here! But it's Okay.

Started by Jeff, July 19, 2022, 08:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have a drone to help me manage my property by giving me views to help make decisions on many property aspects. In this case it was to help me layout a proposed new foodplot to try and help our local Whitetail deer population I thought the footage gives a good idea on how wild it really is surrounding our cabin and that you might enjoy seeing it, straight up from behind the cabin screen porch. It's only about 4 minutes long and shows views of the far Eastern end of our Beloved U.P. and ends landing near a Swamp Rose. Enjoy!
VIDEO LINK>> Why our Internet Sucks and WE DON'T CARE! OUR WILD UPPER PENINSULA! - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Nice footage.
Grandson and his friend are excited about putting a food plot in the back field that I am clearing.
They are talking about having a mulcher come in and then he will seed it in for them. At just about $200 an hour. Only a small field, I think 2 hours would do it easy. Only a few trees left on it now, and the Grandson wants to leave them for cover. Everything is down on the ground, and I ran the bush hog through it.
They were on a few days ago and saw a deer in that field. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Most of what I want to fo in this new plot area could be done with the brush hog, had I not beat it up so bad last year. I wish I could to save the money, but I can not risk braking my brushhog.

jb616

I rented the 3pt. landscape rake this weekend to clean up all the wood slash from the forestry mulcher. It worked AWESOME!  Ready to plant in a few weeks. 

Jeff

My mulcher guy has been hard to pin down. I want mulched and raked soon, I want to plant it yet this fall.

Jeff

I sawed cedar siding all morning, got blowed off by another duck drowneder came back, got on dry clothes and my mulcher guy showed up. Now I have a new landscape. In the formentioned video where it tags a future foodplot area, all cleared in 2 hours! 

olcowhand

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Magicman

Happy Birthday Jeff, Charlie, and our late Bro. Noble.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stanwelch

Happy Birthday Jeff 😊. Looks like you are having fun in da UP!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

Quote from: stanwelch on July 21, 2022, 09:48:11 AM
Happy Birthday Jeff 😊. Looks like you are having fun in da UP!
Amd why have you not come for a visit? ;)

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on July 19, 2022, 04:17:06 PM
My mulcher guy has been hard to pin down. I want mulched and raked soon, I want to plant it yet this fall.
I used a 3pt. landscape rake this weekend to clear the slash, worked great!

Jeff

I just took off my brush hog and put the rake on. These areas looked small when I marked them and by drone

but now that they are cleared, oh my!

WDH

Habitat diversity will draw in the wildlife.  Many critters like "edge", not everything the same flavor of vanilla like the Wilderness preservation folks think is best :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I'm purposely addinf faux fence rows and edges. This morning I walked out to a crane walking in to me. Yesterday I had baby varying hares in the edge of the yard and an Amerlcan Bittern in the pond eating frogs a week ago. It just thrills my heart to think I may make a positive difference for the critters here in what I do

Hilltop366

Can't be too bad, at least you can see Canada from there! :)

Nice spot.

stanwelch

Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WDH

Jeff you can make a huge difference, and you are.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Yep, always something to do for the farm and wild critters. Where I have thinned in the plantation the undergrowth with new trees is exploding. I'm hoping deer can winter here some day with the new hardwood growth among the softwoods. They haven't yet, but I've got acres and acres of softwood thermal cover that still needs opening up some. Got the shelter, need more winter browse. ;) I want to make a riperian edge trail sometime to, just inside the tall softwoods. I can remember those type of trails in the wild that the deer themselves maintained out in unsettled lands. Nice walking on when fishing the lakes. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!