iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw an lt-40 hd run today.

Started by hackberry jake, October 07, 2011, 08:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Seen all the members of the ff talk about them, but never saw one run before. Looked like quite the machine, I see why they're so common. The only thing that struck me as odd was where the hyd levers were located. On the business side of the mill above the hitch. It was about knee level. Is this how they've always been?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

millwright

I  have an LT 35 which is set up the same as the 40, I thought it was pretty clumsy looking where the controls were located but once you get used to it, it works really well.

cypresskayaksllc

I like the placement of the levers. It lets me have good vision of what Im doing. I have the remote mill so its not a far hustle to the controls. Seeing mills you never seen before is nice. Ive been wanting to see a circular mill but havent got the chance yet.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Magicman

I don't know which year model that you were looking at.

On my '98 model, I have/use an operator's seat, so my hydraulic controls are in the perfect position.  I just reach down and there they are.   Even when the seat is removed for sawing 20's I find no problem with the hydraulic control location.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

what year is the mill?  the older models had the levers pointing to the loader side of the mill.

Newer mills have the levers pointing towards the hitch.  
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bibbyman

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 07, 2011, 08:50:02 PM
Is this how they've always been?

Yea,  unless you have Command Control option.

Then everything is located on a frame to the left side of the mill.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

cypresskayaksllc

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

hackberry jake

It was brand new, doing a demo at the farm fest in Springfield. It looked just like the pic above. I can see where if you had the seat it would be pretty handy, well... DanG I guess it would be pretty DanG handy even if you didn't. Lot handier than the controls I use (insert pic of canthook).

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hackberry jake

Ive seen circle mills run and worked for one of them. They're only fun to watch if you're not stacking things that are coming off of it.

isawlogs

I have  a'93 and they point to the loader, with the seat they are a pain to reach out to, gets old real quick .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

JP135

Quote from: millwright on October 07, 2011, 09:04:16 PM
I  have an LT 35...

How do you like that LT35? I can see myself being interested in one of those when the time comes to upgrade.

paul case

awe man i missed the farm show? i bought my mill there three years ago.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

My mill is a '95 and the hydraulic levers point toward the loader side.

I think that when I turn and lean over to make hyd adjustments, it was laid out to provide a good view of the log and exactly what you're doing with it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

hackberry jake

Quote from: paul case on October 08, 2011, 07:35:07 AM
awe man i missed the farm show? i bought my mill there three years ago.  pc
This was the first time I've been. They had woodmizer on one side of the event and boardwalk on the other.  Pretty neat. It needs more sawmills and less tractors though.

Magicman

Are you saying that WM and BW were the only bandmills represented?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

thats how it was last year. no baker and no timberking even though they were within 3 hours driving distance.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,45551.0.html

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

gandrimp

Baker was at a show in Doniphan. Its pretty close to home for them and supports the local economy some.
LM2000

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum gandrimp.  Tell us about yourself and your sawing interest.

Thank You Sponsors!