iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cord King wood processor chain sharpening

Started by Wood chuck Rick, January 27, 2019, 09:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood chuck Rick

Does anyone know why a brand new chain will cut 3 or 4 bush cords of wood and a shapenes chain will barely cut half a bush cord?

WV Sawmiller

My bet would be improperly re-sharpened chain.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GRANITEstateMP

I have my processor chains sharpened at a local saw/tractor dealer.  They have a robot type machine that keeps everything equal and sharp. They charge me $8 a loop, which I pass onto my customers.  The chains are sharp and run true, I've cut as many as 12 on one chain before switching (today was 1/2 a cord then found a small rock imbedded in the bark :'().  The shop had a new guy running the machine one time, he wrecked 2 of my chains, they told me about it when they handed my two brand new loops, I call that good service!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Gearbox

I run a regular chainsaw on my processer . I have found that you will let the chain get dull and not even know it . I just sharpen in the with a chain grinder every day and I have found that my bars need dressing less often . One of the big complaints I have heard has been bar ware that you don't even know you have until you hat a 20 inch block and it wont cut it . 
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!