iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need help with a Stihl 011 electronic ignition.

Started by meamjw, March 11, 2020, 02:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meamjw

I ordered a new coil for my 011 and got one for a points system. I have an electronic. I failed to take photos before taking mine apart and now can't remember where everything goes, especially the electronic trigger unit. I have spent two hours searching for diagrams but can't find any that show what I need. Can anyone tell me where to find good photos or sketches?

Al_Smith

Here's the scoop .According to my IPL that saw has three types of ignition systems,points,solid sate and solid state with an external trigger .In conjunction it also lists three flywheels .I only assume the magnets of same are slightly different but don't really know for certain .
I have an 011 buried in my shed some place  . I need to dig around and find a crankshaft for a McCulloch model 700 .If per chance I find it I'll try and snap a picture of it but that might not be for a week .

Al_Smith

I did find it .Fumbled around getting the starter cover off because that saw was made in a time they used slotted head screws .This was before torx head screws .
At any rate it's not the remote trigger type .self contained solid state .I've got a picture of it but all it shows is the coil .I can put in on here if you need it .
I don't know if a self contained coil will replace a remote trigger type or not .I've seen exactly two of this model in my life time so I'm really not an expert on them .This one was a freebie that was supposed to start and I really never found out if it would or not .

teacherman

I have a bunch of these saws lying around. Pretty much obsolete, because the oil pumps go out and are NLA. But I can find one that says it has spark and send the coil to you if you need it. Send a pm if you want to. No charge for hte part; I'm getting rid of all but a couple of 012s I put in 009 handle sets because they are pretty cool, for being obsolete.

Al_Smith

That saw was an interesting design .What prompted that is anybodies guess .I assumed it to be a consumer saw for light duty work like trimming the apple tree in the back yard type of thing .
I did do some work on one a long time ago that had a cable linked to carb for throttle control that was defective .Much to my surprise I found one at a local dealer ,$18 .That one was all orange in color ,might not have been an 011 ..It ran okay for a little saw .

The same guy had a J-red 49 CC .Funky carb which I rebuilt .That one for a 3 cuber was a little hot rod .It impressed me .

Thank You Sponsors!