Previous topic - Next topic

da chief

availability, comparison tests with gas chainsaws

btulloh

"Brevity is the soul of wit."
                            William Shakespeare
HM126

doc henderson

so my batt. stihl saw starts every time if the batt. is good.  it is quiet and has no exhaust.  so I got it for trimming slab ends on benches in my shop.  if I have trimming with a lot of starting and stopping, like landscape trees and 1 inch limbs.  You listen to the motor and depending on the charge in the battery, you can push it a little or not.  It is a small chain like 1/4 pica.  so I am not sure i would compare it to a gas saw.  It is not for bucking 12 inch logs in the woods.  i take when we camp to trim a limb in the way or cut something to go in the fire.  does not bother the neighbors.  If my parent were around, it would be great for my Dad for stuff round the house.  I also have the blower and weed eater, and a hedge trimmer I have not used.  I am not sure of the biggest bar you can use, but i usually get the most powerful motor and biggest bar, and mine is 14 inches.  i am sure a dealer or web site can give better info.  I have the 180 and 300 battery, but there is a back pack 1500 I think.  I like the 4 light system so you can check a charge before operating the saw or other tool.  

I hope this is the same type saw you are referring to.  i do not think a 20 inch bar is available or going to work well if it is.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!