iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

592XP and 585 Huskys

Started by Spike60, January 09, 2021, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snobdds

Quote from: Tacotodd on June 24, 2021, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: snobdds on June 23, 2021, 01:41:38 PM
I just saw the official release video from Husqvarna for the 592 and 585.   I would post it here, but it seems like that is a big no go here. Just go to the Husky youtube channel.

The 585 seems to be non autotune and fully adjustable carb.  The 592 is gen III autotune, I don't know much about the gen III, hope it better than the prior versions.

I think the forrest service is not buying any type of auto tune or mtronic saws.  They have had too many hot start problems, and fires lines are hot.  That is why Stihl had to make a 661 in non mtronic and the 585 seems to be the main competitor for that saw.

I'm not a husky guy, but they look to be solid saws.

Regarding the 585, wouldn't it be a 385 as opposed to the a 585? I thought that all 5 series were autotune.
It's 585.  You can read about it here.  
Best Pro Chainsaws, Legendary Gas & Battery Powered Saws | Husqvarna US
Notice the 592 specifically lists autotune as a feature, and the 585 does not.  In one of the pictures, you can see the carb adjusters on the flywheel side of the saw. 

ehp

Spike sense you are a person that has seen and I believe ran the 592 . How does it compare to the 395 . Weight and power . I got guys here looking at waiting for the 592 and I have never even seen one . How soon are you to guy them . Husky up here is having something on about the 592 and 585 tomorrow.  

Spike60

I had a couple test units and they do run strong. Has a nasty snarl to it also. Pretty impressive saw; and it does out cut the 395. Mine were both G models, so there was that additional weight, but either way the weight is on par with the 395. She's not a lightweight.  :)

There's a webinar on them tomorrow, but I'm going to miss it. I dug into them a little when I had them. At first glance it looks like a big 572, but a closer look shows that they did a lot of stuff differently. The no-baffle stainless steel muffler is why it has the bark it does. The mounts are interesting. Try to see what they did with the rear mount over the gas cap. It's vertical as on the 395 and there's a thin steel cable for a movement limiter. No harder to work on than the rest of the line. I did carb swaps on them because they switched to that "run on choke" start feature during the test. 

When? Just throw a dart at the calendar.  :)  March would be a guess for us in the US, but it's been a long time since any forecast date has been anywhere close to accurate. They shipped me three 395's today that have been on backorder since January 21. 395's were supposed to go away, but will be hanging around for another year just as an extra model in the line up to help meet demand.

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Thanks Spike . We will have to see when they release them and try a couple of them . I know the 1 guy wants to put it on a mill

Spike60

Good stuff from the webinar. Even the 89cc 585 has more rated power than the 395.  :) 

Weight is supposed to be a pound lighter than the 395, so my feeling on the 592XPG being a little heavy makes sense. 

Price spread between the 585 and 592 is $100. 592-24" comes in at $1369 MSRP; $90 more than the 395. 

Numbers are live and I put an order in the system. Forecast ship date is 2 weeks from today, but I'm sure that's BS.  :D

Thing to keep in mind is that different bar length SKU's all have different ship dates. They intend to ship these saws with the new Swedish made X-tough bars, and they do have the 24's, so ya never know what the FedEx truck might show up with.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

barbender

Cool. Might have to be my next toy tool to with my 390xp that I haven't started since last fall😁
Too many irons in the fire

Real1shepherd

Quote from: Spike60 on August 26, 2021, 02:48:53 PM
Good stuff from the webinar. Even the 89cc 585 has more rated power than the 395.  :)

Weight is supposed to be a pound lighter than the 395, so my feeling on the 592XPG being a little heavy makes sense.

Price spread between the 585 and 592 is $100. 592-24" comes in at $1369 MSRP; $90 more than the 395.

Numbers are live and I put an order in the system. Forecast ship date is 2 weeks from today, but I'm sure that's BS.  :D

Thing to keep in mind is that different bar length SKU's all have different ship dates. They intend to ship these saws with the new Swedish made X-tough bars, and they do have the 24's, so ya never know what the FedEx truck might show up with.  :)
Bob, for pro saws like that, is it still possible to buy just the power head, or is that frowned upon because you're not selling the usual accessories that way?

Kevin

Spike60

It's not so much about missing the sale of a B&C; it's about shipping every saw with an "approved" B&C combo. (Like safety chain on the homeowner saws). Therefore every saw must be ordered with a bar and chain. In the case of these new saws, there's a lot of SKU's to pick from. 20"-36" in a mix of .050, .058, .063.  Not a big deal for me as we need the bars. (more on that in a minute)

I'll sell them however the customer wants it, including PHO. We always ask how a guy would like the saw set up. We'll switch the 545 and 550 to 3/8 for guys that don't want .325. (A mistake IMO, but I'm not doing that debate tonight :) )

The bar and chain thing: There are some bar shortages that haven't fully reared their head yet. I've had 20" Oregon bars on backorder from my main supplier since April. Been getting them from other places. Tried 3 different Oregon distributors last week on 28" .058's and all 3 were out of stock; so ordered them from Husky. We're talking Powermatch bars here, not any of the lam bars. We stay on top of it. Might not have every option, but we will have something fit a guys saw. Certain chains are out. Ordered a case of the 18" TXL speed cut and they didn't even have a full case. Things should get back to normal in a few months. Unless...........if there's a serious hurricane anywhere it's all gonna blow up.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Spike time will tell, I heard today that one of the big husky dealers way out west is suppose to get some of the 592's cause the guys want them to do all the fire cutting where it got burnt this year or is still burning 

ehp

So the list price up here is about the same as the 500i . Maybe a couple bucks more but no real true date on when to see the saws

Spike60

Perhaps like the guy out west, I was "supposed" to get some next week.But the date is flipping and new oders entered say both saws are not available for shipment until Jan 11. Prices here seem to have settled in at $100 more than the 395's.

That bar shortage you and I have been talking about here is close to being a lot more than web gossip. I found a supply of 20's in .050, but have otherwise been loading up on the power match knockoffs that are out there. My main 3 sources of Oregon bars are OUT of large mount 20's, 24's, and 28's in both .050 and .058. There are a few 095 small mounts to be had. No problems on any of the .325 stuff.

Scratching my head on how to run with this. Feel like I have to give my regulars a heads up about this stuff. But at the same time, I can't let them buy a lot of extra bars for themselves and draw down the inventory that much faster. I pulled all of the Husky labeled power match 20's and 24's off the shelf to reserve them for the new saws. I had less bars than powerheads!
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Spike, I know alot of guys are saying BS to there being a shortage but I'm telling you in my area there is nothing in much of anything as far as Husky or stihl in saws, bars ans chain and even files. WE got alot of dealers here with bare shelves. I know even my GM dealer guy just told me that he is having a very hard time getting parts for the newer trucks and stuff . Its going to get worse before it gets better . Even the big hunting stores here are limiting people to 2 boxes of ammo now. My husky dealer figures maybe March to see a 592 

ehp

you got to keep enough bars to your number of powerheads 

Spike60

Quote from: ehp on September 16, 2021, 09:49:32 AM
you got to keep enough bars to your number of powerheads
Yeah, I normally would never get upside down like that. Got all these backorders out there and you figure that at some point, they will start showing up. But I did get those 20" 009's from that place that had some old stock. Older sleeve and graphics, so they've been around a while. 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Spike60

Quote from: Tacotodd on September 17, 2021, 04:15:08 PM
@Spike60 it's better than nothing ::)
Didn't mean to infer I was griping about the bars being old. I opened them up and smiled when I saw they were the older bars; the new graphics are kind of lame IMO.  :D
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

I'm looking for another bigger landing saw so phoned my husky dealer and she told me that the earliest is Feb or March before we see a 592 . She talked straight to husky cause they have the 592 in the order book so she ordered me 2 of them but husky came back that there is none to order

Tacotodd

@ehp at least she got back with you. I was in the service industry for 30yrs and my customers loved me because I tried to go the extra mile for them. And they just thought that I did it for JUST them. I didn't tell them any different, they were just not used to anybody else doing the same thing. Besides, most of my customers I really liked the attitude of!
Trying harder everyday.

ehp

My dealers are quite good. If I say I want something its ordered now . I'm not a tire kicking kind of guy like alot of people are . I do not haggle on price either . If you charge me twice what it's worth I will pay it and take my wallet down the road to the next dealer .

outinthewood

Had a 585 delivered to me last week, no sign of 592s yet here in Republic of Ireland, and I'm pretty impressed with it. As Spike says it's a lot of "new" the build quality is very good and although carb it's like running an AT saw also very good starting. Will be falling Spruce tomorrow so will get a better idea of what its really like.

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

ehp

Spike have you seen or heard anything on the new 592 , its super quiet up here

Spike60

Ed, ship date is now January 11th for noth models. The way time is flying by, it's not that far out there. But as we all know, ya can't place too much faith in forecast shipping dates. lol

Sales reps have some 592 samples they are passing around, but simce I had test saws for a year, they rightfully are being seen by other dealers. I'm supposed to get a look at the 585 soon. Normally the jumior models like the 555/565 stay in the shadow of the XP's, but I expect the 585 to appeal to the guys who are leary of auto-tune.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Ya my dealer said March but do not hold your breathe on that date . 

Tacotodd

Quote from: Spike60 on October 13, 2021, 07:04:38 AM
 but I expect the 585 to appeal to the guys who are leary of auto-tune.
It's funny, I RESEMBLE that! ;D
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!