iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Bar recommendations

Started by Kirk_Allen, April 02, 2005, 12:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

I trashed the nose sprocket of my 28" bar today and was wondering what bars others are using. 

I looked at the WoodsmanPro line in Bailys as well as the Oregan.  The WoodsmanPro line is more than double in cost as the Oregan bar. 

Any insight as to the best replacement bar is appreciated.

Arthur

Try Cannon in canada.

not cheap but brilliant bars.  About the best you can get.

arthur

HORSELOGGER

Woodsman pro bars are made by Cannon. You should be able to replace the roller nose if the Husky bar is an oregon.Stihl bars are excellent quality, and you can get spacers to make one fit the Husky mounts. They are less $ than the Cannon bars.
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Kevin

Kirk, can you replace the nose on your bar?

Kirk_Allen

I'll have to look today. Its a Husky bar.  The down side to replacing the nose sprocket is that the rails have been ground flat SEVERAL TIMES.  I might get away with one more grinding then the chain drive links are going to drag the rail bottom......................or top on the bottom side ;D

Larry

I've always used either Sandvik or Oregon bars.  Never tried a Cannon so wondering if it is a better bar and if so why?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Kirk_Allen

Kevin,
I looked at the bar last night and it looks like its a single rivet holding the nose sprocket on.  I will do some checking with Husky to see if they have parts for it.

If not, I am leaning towards a WoodsmanPro bar. 

Corley5

I'd take a Windsor bar over the others anyday.  The price of the Woodsman Pros kept me away from them.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

Oregon owns Windsor :D The big problem with replacing the tip on a worn bar is matching the rail to the tip so the chain does not have to ramp on and off the tip.
Cannon are my go to people for bars over 36" but they are expensive. High quality + low production numbers = $$$
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Oregon may own Windsor but I like the design of the Windsor bar much better.  Oregon bars don't seem to oil as well Windsor bars from my observations.  Windsor bars have much larger holes to get the oil from the saw into the bar. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!