iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo 2511t replacement chain

Started by TmbrWlkr, July 03, 2021, 11:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TmbrWlkr

Anybody replace the stock chain on their 2511t yet ( I think the stock chain sucks - to grabby)
Not looking to go to 1/4" drive   - would like to stay with 043 LP

Recommendations?

Old saw fixer

I'm interested in what chain came on your saw.  Did it come with .043 Micro chain?
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

lxskllr

I like Stihl pm on it, but mine's the stock .050 gauge. If you're saw's very new, the stock chain will get better as you use and sharpen it, but I wouldn't buy it again. I agree it was a bad match for that saw.

TmbrWlkr

Quote from: Old saw fixer on July 03, 2021, 12:30:47 PM
    I'm interested in what chain came on your saw.  Did it come with .043 Micro chain?
Sorry - I am suffering from CRS these days ( Cant Remember [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better])  I believe that it came with .050 gauge chain, and I switched out the bar to .043 Low Pro. ( That's what's on there now). 
Was looking for recommendations for smooth running chain as mine had a run in with some nails and is missing 1/2 the teeth on one side.

sawguy21

It probably came with the .050 lo pro which is the pitch you have except the driver was thicker. Are you filing it properly? If you go too low in the gullet a hook forms which grabs and tears rather than slicing cleanly.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

TmbrWlkr

The stock chain is history - what's on there now is .043 LP, which was an improvement from stock. ( the stock chains on 2511T are well known for being grabby and chattering).

I am looking for advice on a smooth running chain that is .043 gauge 3/8 pitch as that what my bar is.  Been running saws and filing chains for 47 years so I am not a noob.  

Please, advice only from owners/operators of this particular saw.  Thanks in advance.

mooleycow

Got it.  Great saw. Don't feel it hanging off my saddle.  Comes with poor chain.  Called Oregon.  Oregon advised using M91VXL chain.  Great people at Oregon.  Good people skills and good customer service.  Had to go to 2 dealers to find chain. Did not mod saw.  Did not change sprocket or bar.  The saw came with 91PXL45CQ chain.  Saw cuts smooth now.  Blocks good also.  

TmbrWlkr

Quote from: mooleycow on July 04, 2021, 09:30:26 PM
Got it.  Great saw. Don't feel it hanging off my saddle.  Comes with poor chain.  Called Oregon.  Oregon advised using M91VXL chain.  Great people at Oregon.  Good people skills and good customer service.  Had to go to 2 dealers to find chain. Did not mod saw.  Did not change sprocket or bar.  The saw came with 91PXL45CQ chain.  Saw cuts smooth now.  Blocks good also.  
Thanks Mooleycow - just what I was looking for

Thank You Sponsors!