iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

30 Weight re-new

Started by donbj, July 02, 2021, 11:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donbj

figgered I try something. I got thinking after looking at some of my chainsaw covers and how time has taken its toll regarding oxidation and weathering. It dinged on me on maybe how to get some life back into them. They are created from oil and time has sucked some of that out of them.

Maybe they just need some oil put back in. In this photo you can see the difference. I didn't sand or do anything to the oxidized cover, just layed a good drench of 30wt oil on it and left it for 24 hrs. Wiped it down after that and 24 hrs later it was a huge improvement. Next step is to sand a good portion of the oxidation off and try again. I bet it works.

Anyway, might be a way to get these back.

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Southside

And here I thought you were going to say you started to use it for mixed gas.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Real1shepherd

We discussed this another thread and I even linked to some YouTube vids on how to restore plastic oxidation. I just haven't taken the time to try it.

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!