iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walbro carb rebuild kits

Started by bundy, August 23, 2021, 12:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Is there any difference beside cost between OEM and aftermarket kits? Are diaprhagm and gasket kits enough or a more complete kit?

Tacotodd

Usually they are enough,BUT, you'll have to be careful in certain circumstances because in THOSE circumstances, the pulse hole will be blocked or there is not enough coverage to prevent a torn gasket or...

It's a sure enough bet that they will work if you get OEM, although it's not always possible (practical), then you'll have to take the time to carefully cut out the ones that you need along with the kits that you by online or whatever.

I hope that my (kinda) vague response answers your question(s).
Trying harder everyday.

DHansen

Having the correct parts the first time will save frustration and time.  I have always thought the carburetor kits right from my dealer were very reasonable in price.  Like under $10.00.  and the kit has what I need and the correct gaskets.  No fun when the wrong parts create a new unnecessary problem.

Real1shepherd

For a long time it didn't seem to matter if I bought a Tilly carb kit aftermarket or OE. From about 7yrs ago though, it did seem to make a difference. There seems to be no shortage of real Tilly rebuild kits on eBay. I go that route now. Usually they are from Ireland.

But for the Husky and Jonserds saws that used an impulse channel on the intake manifold, be sure to get the correct Husky gasket that covers the impulse channel completely....it won't come in the rebuild kit.

Kevin

Mad Professor

Tillotson makes quality kits for other manufacturers carbs.

I'd avoid cheap Chi-Com knock off kits......

Thank You Sponsors!