Forum > LogRite Tools and Rite Leg Co

A Slight Mod

(1/4) > >>

Magicman:
LOGRITES have roll pins to limit the range of movement of the hooks, and if 'properly' used should never wear/break, but 'properly' is the key word.  Anyway, I occasionally have to replace some roll pins, that is until now.

Roll pins removed.

" X 1" grade 8 bolts e/w lock nuts.

Installed

And tightened.

An example of some of the removed roll pins.  Bet that it will not happen again.   logrite_cool

On edit:  I forgot to mention that I did both of my 48's and both of the 60's.  Total for 8 bolts & nuts: $2.82.

Old Greenhorn:
I love having those roll pins in there, it is the difference between a high quality, well designed tool and... all the others. They have saved my knuckles more times than I can count. But it looks like you used bigger diameter screws that the roll pins so that means you altered the range of motion on the hook a bit more. Will that have an effect on function? Inquiring minds want to know. ;D ;D

Tacotodd:
OGH, little if any from my practical research. By that I mean that its not going to limit how close the hook will close & the back of the hook always hits the main structure anyway, so why not!?

Magicman:

--- Quote from: Old Greenhorn on August 31, 2021, 06:11:52 PM ---But it looks like you used bigger diameter screws that the roll pins so that means you altered the range of motion on the hook a bit more.
--- End quote ---
Nope, the " roll pins were replaced with " bolts.  No difference.

No @Tacotodd, the hook movement in each direction is limited by the roll pins, (now bolts) not the main structure.

Tacotodd:
MM, its been a few days (weeks :D) since Ive used mine so I was reliant upon my faulty memory :embarassed: but life (or lack of) could always be worse ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Sitemap