iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm Back

Started by Corley5, October 20, 2021, 08:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

After 2 weeks off due to the wreck I'm back in business and picking up where I left off.  Today I finished the order I was delivering to when the incident occurred.  Ran some short loads to get a couple clients done and built the racks Sunday and Monday.  Back to five face cord loads again 8) 8) 8)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

That truck build looks great. Glad to see you are back delivering wood. Best of luck with mopping up all the other damage caused by this rear-end hit.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

It was good to read that you are back into your firewood business again.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I didn't know you where in a wreck earlier except a lightening strike wreck. Glad you're back at it and have some better luck forward. ;)

I've been thinning and hauling firewood home lately here, for next season. Nice to have it sitting here by the firewood racks ready to stack when the older wood is emptied into the furnace. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Making money helps put food on the table.  ;)
Glad you are up and going.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutterboy

Corley, good to see you going again. The truck looks great. Firewood is hard work but satisfying. You guys who sell a lot of it really earn your money. I hope luck stays with you for a while.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

barbender

Can't keep a good man down👍🏻
Too many irons in the fire

jmur1

Looking good.  Nice mods on the truck.  
Easy does it

SawyerTed

Good to see you back up and running!

The best "revenge" is returning better than ever!  
Hope you can continue!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Bruno of NH

Glad your back at it Sir
The truck looks good.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

moodnacreek

When you get thrown of a horse, you catch him and get back on.           Very  good news.   I see you copied my tailgate style, don't roll back :)

Corley5

And I'm caught up 8) 8) 8)  Except for a five face cord order a week from tomorrow and wood for our house, shop, and sugar house which is about 80 face cord.  A ten cord load of 100" red oak is coming tomorrow for the house and shop OWBs.  I've got bug ash set aside to process for sugar wood when it's convenient and that season will be here shortly :)
  Since the 14th of October I've done 290 face cords, 96.66667 standard cords if you prefer ;) :), and 520 firewood bundles.  There were four days I processed and delivered 20 face cords and one day I pulled out 21.  I slowed myself up when the time changed.  The 12-14 hour days were getting to me.  Something about being in my 50s I've concluded.  I'm tired, ready for a winter's nap  ;) ;D :) 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

cutterboy

Corley, you're making me tired.

Corley5

I forgot to add the 20 pulp cords of mobile jobs I did which amounts to about another 50 face cord  :) and the couple of 1-2 cord picked up on site jobs that I don't like because they throw my whole schedule off.  I had a guy inquire in the last couple days about bringing his dump trailer out for me to load with five face cord.  I won't cut much of a deal because it's a PITA.  He hasn't returned my message 8) 8) 8)
 I also took time to add jacks to the short live deck rather than putting the machine's deck back on for the mobile jobs.  It's added in the shed now giving me 28' of powered deck.  I had to to put a five spool valve on. I don't plan to go mobile again.  Too much to move and the machines make $$$ where they are.  I told these guys if they want to buy their own wood to have delivered to me and I'll process and deliver to them.  They're not too far away.  I also told them I can get the wood cheaper with my volume discount.

Corley5

Red oak 100" for us.  Today is the first day in a long time that I haven't had the firewood machines running.  Felt good to work on other things :)

newoodguy78

That's a lot of hustling. 

Bruno of NH

You have been hustling Sir
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

cutterboy

Corley, nice 8' sticks of oak! Do you get more for oak or does it just get mixed in with everything else?

Corley5

I get the same $$$ for red oak.  It's a harder sell.  Most of my clients with indoor wood burners prefer a sugar maple/beech mix.  It seasons quicker.  They don't want oak at all.  I do have some people who stay a couple seasons ahead and are fine with the oak but don't feel it's any better.  Most of it that I sell goes to OWB owners.  Most all of this 10 cords will go into our boilers :)

Southside

Two questions.

1. What processor do you run?

2. What was the fate of the Pac Man?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Corley5

14-12 Block Buster.  I took delivery of it new in December of 2005.  Pac-Man got a new power source and seems to be well  ;D :)

mike_belben

What about frogger and mario?
Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer