iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got what I paid for....

Started by WLzM1A, May 27, 2024, 11:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLzM1A

Well, ordered a cheap set of carburetor adjustment tools, the screwdriver type, and got exactly what I paid for.  Can anyone recommend a good quality set that they have had good luck with.  I don't mind paying for good stuff.......if it is good stuff.  Thanx in advance ya'll
Echo CS-310
Stihl 034 AV
Stihl MS250
Stihl 025
Echo CS-8000
Stihl 011 AVT
Stihl 066 Magnum
Dolmar PS-401
McCulloch MAC 160S
McCulloch Power Mac 6
Homelite Super EZ  X2
Homelite 330
Sears H58D
Whitehead 180 wall hanger

Lone Elm British Labrador Retrievers
AKC Fox Red and Black
Veteran Owned

Ed

All my small screwdrivers are Whia. Made in Germany.

Ed

Keepfixin

I ordered a cheap set from ebay and it works fine for lawn and garden equipment that the tools fit. For my chainsaws that just need a small flat screwdriver I use an orange stihl one and the other one is from Bailey's with a magnet on the end. The Baileys one also works good for cleaning out oily sawdust from t-27 screws heads from my Stihl saws.
Jesus: The Way, the Truth, and the Life. John 14:6

Ben Cut-wright

What happened to the adjustment tools?  I've had a 'cheap' set for years and haven't had any problems so far.

lxskllr

I have a cheap set also, and I find them "acceptable". Fit/finish could be better, but everything works, and it's all low torque stuff, so steel quality is less important.

WhitePineJunky

They give out free mini stihl screwdrivers at my dealer
Perhaps ask you local stihl or husky store?

WLzM1A

Quote from: Keepfixin on June 06, 2024, 02:11:43 AMI ordered a cheap set from ebay and it works fine for lawn and garden equipment that the tools fit. For my chainsaws that just need a small flat screwdriver I use an orange stihl one and the other one is from Bailey's with a magnet on the end. The Baileys one also works good for cleaning out oily sawdust from t-27 screws heads from my Stihl saws.
I have until last weekend gotten away with just a flathead as well.  Came upon a crab with a spline pattern and got stuck.  I got the cheap tools from china.  They work and would probably never get torn up, but they just feel like toys. I can live with them....or at least get used to having to.
Echo CS-310
Stihl 034 AV
Stihl MS250
Stihl 025
Echo CS-8000
Stihl 011 AVT
Stihl 066 Magnum
Dolmar PS-401
McCulloch MAC 160S
McCulloch Power Mac 6
Homelite Super EZ  X2
Homelite 330
Sears H58D
Whitehead 180 wall hanger

Lone Elm British Labrador Retrievers
AKC Fox Red and Black
Veteran Owned

rusticretreater

There are a ton of these tool sets on Amazon.  You may choose to buy them elsewhere, but check out the prices and the ratings.  They will tell you which are the quality sets.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Thank You Sponsors!