iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baby Pens

Started by Deadwood, May 02, 2006, 06:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadwood

Well in ten short weeks I will be the proud father of a little girl. Hopefully for her health she won't come before that, but I think her mother and grandparents have done enough shopping in the past week to be prepared for a full orphanage.  :D

In any case, as a father I was thinking about what I could pass around to the close friends of mine to honor the occassion. I know tradition is passing out cigars, but in todays climate, that has kind of fallen out of vogue. I was thinking maybe wooden pens would be a great gift? You know the fancy spalted wood and exotic wood kind? They are kind of like children...a good gift and a great symbol of regeneration.

Oh I won't pass these out to everyone, but maybe to my close friends and stuff. Does anyone know what these pens cost roughtly? I would need 6-10 as I have very few friends  :D Does anyone know anyone that makes them...perhaps a Forum Member as I prefer to give my business to a Forum member first and foremost? Or does anyone have any better ideas for baby gifts than this?

pasbuild

Your obviously not counting your Forestry Forum friends :-\
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Den Socling

That's a great idea. Look here: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=17915.0
but who knows what kind of tangents might be involved.

UNCLEBUCK

Me and Paschale will take the cigars and puff away in celebration of the future new arrival .   8)   Have you decided on a name yet ???
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Paschale

Quote from: UNCLEBUCK on May 03, 2006, 12:15:42 AM
Me and Paschale will take the cigars and puff away in celebration of the future new arrival .   

Sounds good to me, Ub.  I prefer Arturo Fuentes, btw.   ;D  cONGRATS ON THE UPCOMING ARRIVAL!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

UNCLEBUCK

:D  all my trips to Detroit got me tuned into the "cigar dave show" on the radio . The build up,the suspense,the leaning back in a fine chair ,the lighting ,the inhale !  :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

isawlogs

Well .. I'll take a cigar too .. I have enough pens here that cant write what I want them too , might as well sit back and enjoie the celebration of the new papoosse with a nice long one just smokin away .  :)  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Deadwood

Thanks everyone. Alyson Rose Johnson is due to arrive here in Maine on July 10th. This is quite the baby, our first child, my parents first Grandchild, and my wifes parents first Grandchild. I'm thinking it's going to be spoiled :-*

I've been working on a cradle for her these last few weeks. I should have it done in the next few days and I will be sure to post a picture. It's a cradle like no other, I will guarantee you that. It's been a lot of fun though. A lot of hand cut Dovetails/ Lovetails so it definately will be an heirloom.

jon12345

Enjoy your sleep while it lasts  :D :D :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Corley5

Congrats 8) 8)  When I first saw the title to this tread writing pens wasn't what came to mind.  I pictured a baby behind a fence ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

asy

Quote from: Corley5 on May 04, 2006, 09:22:31 PM
I pictured a baby behind a fence ;) ;D

I did too!!!  :D

Congrats!

Can't wait to see photos of your little Alyson!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!