iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Opinons on used Husqvarna 2100 powerhead

Started by Raphael, August 14, 2006, 02:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphael

I'm wondering what's a reasonable price for a used 2100 powerhead and when they were in production?
I'm looking at one for $338 shipped and wondering why it hasn't sold.  In photos the saw appears to be in good condition and "starts and runs good".
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

sawguy21

I tried Mike's site but it is down at the moment. The saw is probably twenty years old and some parts are no longer available. Probably best to stay away unless you could run it first.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

I suppose it depends on ones skill at turning a wrench on a saw.I personally never worried about repairing them,myself.I doubt the parts would be as easy as for a Stihl but available,none the less.

I have no experiance what so ever with Husqvarna saws but heard this was a pretty good old saw.It seems the norm on E-Bay is in the $300 range.

Al_Smith

From Mikes site,Huskey 2100.Made from 1975 until 1987.6.7 HP,24.5 lbs with a 24" bar.Imagine that and people say old Macs are heavy,little do they know. :D

Raphael

I was hoping it'd be a bit more hp...  Doesn't make sense given the saws I already have.
I kept a couple of those old MACs going for quite some time, wish I'd kept them but I can't really say I miss working with them ;)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Thank You Sponsors!