iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 302 in case $10 at yard sale

Started by jjmk98k, June 17, 2007, 08:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

picked up Used Echo 302 for $10, i figured the case was worth that much! Anyone ever use one? I figured if i can get it to run, its a good saw to keep at camp.

compression checked out at 130 psi

thanks,Jim
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Michael

If you need parts, I can help. The tree service around here used them for years. They are powerful for their size with the 302 S (super) being a little better. The weak points are the bar studs are weak and will snap if over tightened or the bar pinched and you pull and jerk on the saw. The points sometimes need attention. Keep the handle bar tight or the threads will pull out. The bar cover is thin and will crack if bumped too hard. A good rugged little saw with some small problems but will give years of service.
If you need saws or parts I may be able to help.

jjmk98k

tossed in a spark plug and she runs just fine

seller told me " I just cant get it to start, I dont know whats wrong with it"

surely he was not THAT dense NOT to notice it was missing the spark plug ?
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

sawguy21

??? You have to be kidding. He was trying to start it with the spark plug out?  :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Quartlow

My brother has like 3 of them, great little saw.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

jjmk98k

Nope, not kidding, they guy looked a little "yuppie" and from the Merecedes in the drive, I am guessing he does not do much "maintenance" to know any better.

tossed in a plug, new gas and it started right up, no kidding!
Jim

Bill

Thank You Sponsors!