iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WJ 67802 MS 660 carburetor.

Started by alsayyed, November 25, 2008, 06:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

???
Hello every one I have purchased a new Stihl carburetor model WJ 67802 for the MS 660. When I have tried to fit this carburetor on the MS 650 it will not work it dose fire but dose not start the engine. Dose it make sense that this carburetor mode WJ 67802 works only on the MS 660 only and not other MS machines or dose not make a difference.

I appreciate your reply.

sawcollector

The WJ 67 is listed as an available carb for both saws, with the same part number, so something else is wrong with the 650. Be sure the impulse hose is OK, intake manifold is OK, etc.

joe_indi

WJ67 is the carb which used to come standard on 066 / 660 prior to the limiter cap era.
It has fully adjustable H and L screws compared to the current WJ69.
The main jet on the WJ67 is a generous 0.64 while as on the WJ69 it is a leaner 0.62.

I fit the WJ67 on to new MS660's for customers who want that wee bit of extra lugging power from the wider jet.And, the saw runs  much cooler with the extra fuel.

I have converted some 660's into 650's by changing the cylinder assemblies.They run without any problem with the WJ67 carbs.

Your present problem as sawcollector has posted, probably would be because the impulse hose has not gone onto its connector on the carb. When this happens, the engine will start on choke, but will not run more than a couple of seconds off choke.
Check your pickup body also.
I hope this saw is mechanically sound in all other aspects.

Joe

alsayyed

Thank you guys for your reply. I have checked what was mentioned before, then today I opened the gas tank cap then I blow through the tank then I saw some gas is coming from the black hose that is connected to the left hand side of the carb. Then immediately closed the cap and set the switch to on, then pulled the rewind rope suddenly the engine started and stopped then I pulled the rope again but did not start. Dose that mean no gas is coming from the tank in to the carb? I have checked all the hoses they look ok to me. More hints needed please.

alsayyed

I have found the solution to start the machine so I would like to share this solution with you. A man visited me in the house and told him about the problem and he said immediate do the following things.
Pour some fuel mixed with oil inside the cylinder through the spark plug hole so I did according to what I have been told, I pulled the rope 5 times then suddenly I can hear the sound of the engine is coming back again. I have let the machine to run for 5 minutes and did not stop. So I used the new carburetor that I have mention early and then started very well except need so adjustment because I played with knobs. Next time you have problem like this just pour   some gas into the plug hole. I felt so happy know I know the fuel line is ok. Maybe tomorrow I am going to mill some camphor tree that is having been setting for almost 8 months.

Thank You Sponsors!