iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter Weight Bar Oil - Online ?

Started by tdibiasio, February 26, 2009, 09:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdibiasio

Guys,

I am having a hell of a time finding winter weight bar oil, no one locally has it and they can not confirm if they will ever have it !!!

I buy most of my saw supplies from Baileys, but they do not offer any winter weight.  Does anyone know of a place online that sells it?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

- Tom

Rocky_J

The Poulan brand bar lube at Wally World is pretty thin, and just about the cheapest anywhere. It poured well in 20-30 degree temps in Kentucky earlier this month.

I'll pay top dollar for fuel mix oil but bar lube only needs to work one time around the bar. Been using the cheap stuff from Wal Mart for years with excellent results. And I'm quite demanding of my saws as well, none of my saws are stock except the Stihl 200T top handles.

Cut4fun

I always thought the green bottled poulan oil was thin too, it does seem thinner then the poulan pro bar oil sold in the black bottle with red sticker.
But the green bottle oil still wouldn't flow in the winter in just the pressure type bar oilers on my small top handles.
Switched to the wal-mart brand for winter use in white bottle in the car section, something  Tech bar oil . You can tell right off it is thinner pouring it side by side and flows in the little top handles that wouldn't in the winter. Price is the same as poulans too.

cheyenne

They say you can run 10% kerosene in it but I've never tried it.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

I mix diesel fuel in mine, as much as needed for the right consistency ::). As much as bar oil is getting to be, I've been thinking about straining/filtering used motor oil and using that. I was in the saw shop today, $8 for a gallon of winter weight bar oil. No way I'll pay that much.
Too many irons in the fire

Rocky_J

Yup, go for it. Whatever you do, don't go to Wal Mart and buy a brand name bar lube for $5 per gallon. Your recycled motor oil will work great.  ::)

Cut4fun

Winter weight bar oil for $8 is cheap. Heck the Poulan and Super tech bar oil went up to $8.  I got 3 gal of poulan for $5 and now it is $8 last trip.
So you better buy while it is still  cheap or it will be $11 next trip.

How much is that oiler and good oil tank cleaning in the future going to cost you? Think about it.

Thank You Sponsors!