iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood show in ny

Started by 567paloggger, July 24, 2009, 04:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

567paloggger

i know this is off topic and i dont know much was wondering if anyone been to the wood show in boonville ny a guy was telling me about it just was wondering if anyone has gone and how it was and is there saw companys and stuff like that there thanks guys

Cut4fun

Never been, but seen pics and talked to people that has been, looks and sounded like a good one.

There is a Lumberjack show in Livingston, TN tomorrow. Going to go to that one to do some racing with friends.  8)

John Mc

Quote from: 567paloggger on July 24, 2009, 04:53:07 PM
i know this is off topic and i dont know much was wondering if anyone been to the wood show in boonville ny

When?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Raider Bill

Mapleflats would be able to answer you questions. He lives right near there.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Cut4fun

I think Boonville Racing event and show is Aug 22nd, not 100% sure though.

There is also a Lumberjack Racing event in WV in the panhandle area on Aug 22nd and about a half hour away on the 23rd in WV if anyone needs info on those 2 shows.

Husky-Fan

The dates for the Woodsman's field days in Boonville are August 21,22, &23. I go every year, it is a great show with many vendors. I hope to pick up a new 346xp this year. 8)
http://www.starinfo.com/woodsmen/

Paco

My first trip was last year, will make it a yearly trip now.  Lots of things to see , great food, good people.

If you go to the events in the grandstands bring a padded seat!
Husky 575XP,Stihl ms290,Echo CS4500, John Deere 755 compact tractor w/ Home built Skidding Winch.

maple flats

I go every year. It is the best show I have been to and I have gone to several others around the country but not all. There are reps and displays for almost every manufacturer in the business, it is well attended and demos are always going on. I have gone every year for the last 20, originally as a dealer and now as a looker and buyer. There are displays and experts for everything from chainsaws to sawmills to chippers, skidders, wood processors, winches, trucks and tractors, and most everything else woods related.
I believe I will go Friday this year but if that fails it will be Saturday. It runs the 21-23 of Aug this year.
If anyone is into watching the pros it also hosts the NYS lumberjack (and lumberjill) competitions and draws competitors from around the logging world.
A great time is always had by all.
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!