iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newer model Jonsered saws - 22xx series

Started by John Mc, September 14, 2009, 10:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Does anyone know how the newer model Jonsered 22xx series saws fit into their lineup? I see a 2245, a 2250, and a 2255. I'm guessing the 2245 and 2255 are "homeowner" saws, replacing the 2145 and 2150.

2245 is lower HP than the 2145, and 2250 is a bit higher than the 2150. Both claim to offer "low fuel consumption and a high torque over a wider rpm range".

The 2255 doesn't seem to directly replace anything in their lineup. Curiously, they do not list HP specs on their web site. I realize HP doesn't tell it all, but it seems strange, since every other saw has it listed.

Not much info to go on, since the "features" tab on the web site for all three saws is blank. They used to have a little bar graph that showed a scale from homeowner to professional user that at least gave you some idea of what they were claiming for the saw.

They also seem to be big on the "tool-less tension adjustment" (available on the 2255, appears to be standard on the others). I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the tool-less tensioner on some other saws.

So what's the deal. Are these all really at the homeowner end of the scale? Are tehy easy to open up and work on, or are they the plastic clamshell designs?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

nhlogga

the two smaller ones i believe are for homeowners. the 2255 is a husky 455 in red paint. the tool less chain tenisoners are terrible. my dealer told me that.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

barbender

I thought it seemed hard to get enough tension on the chain on the 2250 I looked at, I was going to recommend one of those saws to my father in law until I saw that tensioner, it looks guaranteed to break in the cold too.
Too many irons in the fire

chucker

they look good for being new, but i will stay for the old style !! tried and true.... still looking at the 2171 for my new heavy saw replacing the 670 champ at 22 years old.....
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

SawTroll

I'd stay a long way away from the 2245 and 2255, because of really bad power to weight ratios.

The 2250 is the Husky 450, and that one has gained a good rep so far.

I'd also stay away from any version with a tool-les chain tensioner!   ::)
Information collector.

John Mc

Quote from: SawTroll on September 20, 2009, 10:27:07 AM
I'd stay a long way away from the 2245 and 2255, because of really bad power to weight ratios.

The 2250 is the Husky 450, and that one has gained a good rep so far.

I'd also stay away from any version with a tool-les chain tensioner!   ::)

From the way the web site is worded, it sounds as though the only way you can get a 2245 or 2250 is with a tool-less chain tensioner. 2255 might be available with either (web site text says "available with..." vs "equipped with ..." for the 2245 and 2250).

The 2255 must be a pig on the weight specs... they don't even list the weight on the web site. I think it's the only saw for which weight is not listed.

I see they've now added a 2240 as well. I hope this tool-less tensioner doesn't spread through the whole line!

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

chucker

???  there going light in both directions!! it dont look good from what im seeing.. there looks dont seem any better then the new line that poulan is planing on puting out .. what the hey are they thinking anyways? ! the good only going south for a better bottom line to the dollar ,instead of a stronger product line ....  this could send me to the mexican border to buy a homelite! least of its close to home made ......................................
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Thank You Sponsors!