iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodsman pro 2cycle oil question

Started by frndly neighborhd loger, September 16, 2009, 08:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frndly neighborhd loger

I have 3 385 huskys .Ive been using the woodsman pro oil and had two motors go relitivly close together. I was wondering if its the oil or just a fluke?There older saws.Anybody have any similar problems ?because they claim the oil is just as good as the manufactures.

Captain

The saw manufacturers have different grades of oil....which one is it compatiable to?  The WP oil I have seen does not have any JASO or ISO rating on the bottle stating its quality.  Most saw manufacturers recommend when using oil other than their brand you should use it at 40:1. 

Sorry , not really an answer.  I used to use WP oil, but have switched to a full synthetic.  I DID use it at 40:1 and never had any problems.

Captain

bandmiller2

Thats a tough one to call,I'am sure the new gas will adversly affect the lubrication and possibly a formally satisfactory oil may not be up to it.I use marine stable and a little sea foam additive along with synthetic.Their are so many variables its hard to point your finger but I would try something different.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

teddy

Popping in to ask a question on a question :P

What brand(s) and were to get synthetic 2-cycle oil?

Thanks Matt.

I have been using the what ever I found(2-cycle mix).
But after hearing you guys, I need to change that habit!!!!

Al_Smith

The oil wars again  :D

I doubt it's the oil. Could be the mix ratio or in fact how the saw is tuned .

Just a thought ,a screaming lean running saw will burn itself up no matter what oil or ratio is used . I'm not saying that be the case ,just food for thought .

bandmiller2

Matt,I'am not even going to mention Amsoil and start that rukus.Most of the saw makers have their best oil,usally synthetic or semi-synthetic,usally it will say low smoke or something like that.I've never had any trouble with Stihl's best.Al, as usual ,nailed it but I do believe the alky fuel is more prone to lean seze.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Cut4fun

I remember reading awhile back that the 385 was problematic with main bearing problems. Maybe this could be the real reason for your failures.

Thank You Sponsors!