iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EFCO 152, has anyone used one? Have one? Opinions on Efco?

Started by oakcutter, May 14, 2011, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakcutter

The more I read about these saws, the more I like them.  Has anyone used them? I would use it for maybe 5 cords a year, would it hold up?  Just want a reliable saw.  Any opinions or info would be appreciated. 

KBforester

I like my Efco 165. Got it with my logosol M5. My only complaint is that I've broken 2 chain breaks this year... not sure why... Your average chainsaw repair shop doesn't care Efco parts yet.
Trees are good.

JohnG28

I believe the H60Hawkpilot has a 152.  If you do a search for that saw it should bring you to the threads he has posted about his saws.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

saw_nut

Been testing one to see how they stand up to pro use although they are a high quality consumer saw. Pro Efcos start at 156 model. Have 500 tanks thru it now. Have it apart to port. They have good torque. Will run with a 353 Husky.

It has about 50 tanks thru it in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZggrhWNHI

At 490 tanks in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w_xupdnBAQ

quietrangr

Looks like saw-nut is having good luck with his, but make sure you have a good local dealer who stocks parts.

oakcutter

Not going to have a dealer near by, probably going to buy at Menards.   Are they set up OK from the factory?  I can do simple adjustments on the carb.

quietrangr

Quote from: oakcutter on May 16, 2011, 10:23:36 PM
Not going to have a dealer near by, probably going to buy at Menards.   Are they set up OK from the factory?  I can do simple adjustments on the carb.

I went through problems with Dolmar. I had a decent dealer, but the distributor didn't have parts. I would check around. If you need to get your wood cut, the little extra you might pay a dealer is worth it. Otherwise maybe check out the similar sized main brands such as Stihl, Husky, Jonsered.

oakcutter

Just got it, pretty looking saw!!! Can't wait to cut some wood with it.

oakcutter

Well, I got it out and spent the entire day cutting with it.  I am very impressed.  What a nice chainsaw.  I was cutting with two other guys, both Stihl guys.  They were even impressed.  After cutting with my 152, they both admitted that if they had to buy a new saw, they would seriously consider an Efco.  Especially with the price difference and the 5 year warranty.  Just seems like you can't go wrong with this saw!! 8)

Cut4fun

Quote from: oakcutter on June 01, 2011, 10:53:06 PM
Especially with the price difference and the 5 year warranty. 

Efco has a 5 year warranty? I thought Echo was only one doing that.

oakcutter

Cut4fun

Quote from: oakcutter on June 03, 2011, 05:06:16 PM
Efco has a 5 year no fear warranty.

I found what I was looking for.

copy and pasted from Efco dealer.

ALL EFCO CHAINSAWS COME WITH A FIVE YEAR NO FEAR LIMITED CONSUMER WARRANTY.

TWO-YEAR PROFESSIONAL WARRANTY.

Thanks  for bringing it up.  smiley_clapping

oakcutter

I hope more people take a look at Efco, they really are good saws for a good price. 

nmurph

I have a Cub Cadet version of the 156. It is very comparable to a 359 in handling, power, and weight. They are a nice saw and are tough to beat for the money.

Dolmar parts are easily available from a couple of well known dealers. I can have virtually any part the next day if needed. I have a local dealer, but I prefer to deal with these other guys, and even after I pay shipping, I still come out ahead.

NCFarmboy

Quote from: oakcutter on May 16, 2011, 10:23:36 PM
I have checked three Efco's a 156,181 8200 all were set very rich from factory.  156-9,800rpm, 8200-8,600rpm don't remember on 181 just adjusted it to 12k for breakin.
Had to remove limiter tabs on 156 and 8200 181 was OK will however cut tabs when I pop cyl. for porting this summer.
NC
Lots & Lots of Saws

simonmeridew

One of our forum sponsors, Chainsawr, sells them.
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

SwampDonkey

Here's what I used mine for this spring, for a little milling fun. ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,50691.0.html

This saw came from Bailey's, got it at the 2010 Piggy Roast at Jeff's. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pallis

I have one in the yellow, Cub Cadet color.  It hasn't run enough to call it broke in, but certainly runs well enough to handle five cords a year, given you don't get too ambitious with the tree size. 

Thank You Sponsors!