iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad Purchasing Experience

Started by Bobvt, January 16, 2004, 12:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobvt

Ordered a 346xp from Southwestfastener Dec. 18, 2003.  

Won't make that mistake again!

Still haven't been able to try it out.  Came through with a smashed oil cap.  After several emails and phone calls, I finally received a replacement today - but it is the wrong cap!!

Off to the closest dealer to purchase one.  So much for the money I though I was going to save!  

KarlP

Not sending you the correct new cap ASAP is poor service from Southwest.

However I'm curious if the initial damage Southwest's fault or Airborne's?  I have had repeated trouble with Airborne ground service.

Bobvt

The saw was shipped UPS.

Assuming Southwest fastener didn't take the saw out of the box, the problem probably started at the factory.  The cap wasn't screwed in tight (or put in at all).  During shipping it came out and ended up under the saw and got smached into about 8 pieces.

Bob

jokers

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and sorry that I can`t be of any help to you.

FWIW, I`ve heard other accounts of similar happenings involving both Southwest and Alamia. For troublefree shipping, or atleast people who will make it right of something does go wrong, try DozerDan Henry at 570-658-6232, Jeff Sikkema @ snssawshop.com or Commercial Cutters Direct at commercialcutters.com

Russ

Gus

Amazing, who'd a ever thought you could smash the gas cap for a chainsaw during shipping.  :o I thought that anomally was saved for those that drop tree's on them. :-/ :'( >:(
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Thank You Sponsors!