iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got me a new chain sharpener !

Started by scully, April 08, 2013, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scully

I hadn't been to the flea market in a while so Sunday the Bride an me load up and go . A vendor in the end building that usualy has dollerstore crap had a table full od new stuff in unopened box's ,ready to just walk on by I noticed a picture of a chain sharpener on a box with the name brand " Timber Tuff " It was a benchtop model . He also had a new in box "Ninja" blender wich the wife had been wanting . So after some talking I get both for 125$ !!! I googled the saw sharpener and it retails for 153$ the blender goes 100$+ . The Sharpener is made in china but I figured I would take a chance at that price . I set it all up and dialed it in and started sharpening some chains { I save em all}  needless to say it has payed for itself in 1 day ! My saw guy charges 3$ a pop and I buy files by the box ! You don't need to be a math wizz to figure that out ! I have wanted one of these for so long but could never bring myself to spring for one ,Rather than buy a more pricey one I would get a new saw instead LOL ! I'm prity dawgone pleased right now !
I bleed orange  .

simonmeridew

Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

bandmiller2

Scully,can you find the grinding wheels easily,hopefully a standard arbor.Many times a "good" wheel will greatly add to the tools efficiency.One of the biggest values of a chain grinder is the requirement to remove the chain,which means cleaning bar groove and the clutch area of the saw.I have a container with solvent to rinse the chain after sharpening then dip in oil,let drain.Many filers never remove the chain from the saw and everything is caked with old hard sawdust. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

cuterz

Congrats on the grinder. I didn't think I would like one until I bought one.

Jiles

Satisfy needs before desires

scully

I hand file on the job but I also prep for a job so the saws get blown out breathers cleaned ,jains sharpened etc. This grinder takes a standard wheel 51/4" I think Oregon wheels fit it . I know it's not all that high end but it wasnt 350$+ not even 100$ ! I used to pay 3$ per sharpening when I needed a good edge to bring a chain back ,so far I have sharpened a bushell basket of chains so I guess I'm makeing money !
I bleed orange  .

Thank You Sponsors!