iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any info on rebuilding my Johnsered 625 ?

Started by scully, May 09, 2013, 10:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scully

This was my first "high dollar" saw I ever bought . It owes me nothing but represents something that made me a ton of $ when I was jobless and knocking on doors for tree work . I will never part with it !  It still runs fine but it has to be getting tired ! It wouldn't start last time I tryed it . I think the fuel line is dry rotted is all . But what if I just wanted to build this thing ? Can I get a jug and piston set or should I go further ? I figure some of you here can turn me onto the tricks to lettin my ol dog live again like the day I first fired it up and heard them sweet rev's !  I am not opposed to soupin it up a tad . Thanks in advance .
I bleed orange  .

old 030

i put a husky 272xp top end on mine, it really runs well now!!!!!!!, some mods are needed for the swap, but for the most part easy to do............... cut_tree  fire_smiley

scully

I bleed orange  .

celliott

If it still was running, the jug is probably fine. New piston and ring should be adequate. If the fuel line is dry rotted, I'd replace the line, fuel filter, and think about rebuilding the carb as well.
I'm not sure, but a Jonsered 670 top end might bolt right up to that saw.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

sablatnic

The crankshaft seals are a weak spot in these saws; I'd replace them too.

Thank You Sponsors!