iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl ms441

Started by Timbercruiser, June 07, 2013, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

What does everyone think of the newer ms441 saws ?? I hear bad things sometimes just wanted to know what you guys here ? Thanks

Al_Smith

It depends on who you talk to .Some like them some not so much .

From my limited perspective they do just fine after a few cuts to get them warmed up .Now one thing which nobody can explain is why some of them have a tendency for the spark plug to rattle loose .

I know of two such incidents from the owners of two different tree service owners .Every time they use them it's a daily thing to snug down the plug ,makes no sense to me .

Peacock

Mine has been perfect.  Had it since late 2006.  Isn't any more cold natured than any other modern saw.  Mine has been ported for about 5 years now and I wouldn't trade it for any other saw I've used.
Stihl saws
Kubota tractor
Cummins turbo diesel

Lnewman

I have a Stiehl 221 , a 290  & the MS 441, I use the 441 much more than the others mainly for use with the Alaskan mini  sawmill.   Never had any problem and it's my favorite.
Stihl 170, 210MS, 290MS, 441MS and Hudson bandsaw

Al_Smith

Since this subject arose I might add something .This Saturday at a GTG I had the occasion to run a 441 that if I'm correct was reworked by Terry L . It was by far the very best example of a 441 I've seen to date and it did impress me .

So evidently Terry and perhaps a few others have unlocked the secrets of these things that I for one have no idea what it would take to pep one up .Fact most likely these things will be old and obsolete before I get my hands on one .

Mark K

I had a 441 that I lost in a skidder fire. Probably the best thing that could have happened to it. :D. All kidding aside it was an ok saw. Cold blooded at first but once it got broken in she ran fine. Broke anti vibe mounts but that was a problem with the early ones I guess. I lost my 046 in that fire which I miss dearly. I think if I was to do it over I would have just opted for the 460.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!