iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

394 Good price

Started by Corley5, January 14, 2002, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I was in Farm and Fleet,  they're going out business, in Gaylord, Mi today and they have a pretty good deal on a new Husky 394.  It has a 36" bar and wrap around handlebar.  All for $799.99.  I don't need one I got a 395 a year ago but if anybody needs/wants one it seems like a good deal to me.  It's $170.00 less than I paid for the 395 with a 20" bar and regular handlebar.  Just thought I'd pass it along.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kevin

I don`t think they`re making that one any more, it`s been replaced with the new 395.
I was looking for a large Husqvarna but they don`t make one with the side tensioner.

Corley5

The new new 395s have a side tensioner.  Here's a good pic of one.  http://www.southwestfastener.com/Husqvarna395.htm        My 395, which is a last years model doesn't, but now they do.  I wish mine had a side tensioner.  My 2094 Jonsered did and it was much more convenient.  The 394 I mention must be a late model.  It looks exactly like my 395.  

Kevin

My Husqvarna dealer lost a sale last Spring because I had asked if the big saws would be coming out with the side tensioner and she said no, I guess she should have called!
I bought the Stihl 066.
I don`t see the side tensioner here...
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node234.asp

Corley5

Kevin,
  Look at the pic with the smart start caption in your link.  That looks like the side tensioner on the cover.  Mine doesn't have that slot.

Kevin

I agree but I wonder why they wouldn`t list it , that`s a huge oversight.

Corley5

It's cost them sales for sure.  Especially when they've had people asking about side tensioners.  The new side tensioners should be a bigger selling point than some of the other bells whistles.    

Gordon

They have to figure out that alot more of the large saws aren't being used just for dropping trees, but on chainsaw mills. Where it's key to easy use.

Jee even I know that u think that Husky would wisen up to that one quicker than they have. Has me wondering about the Jonsered having one, after all they are pretty much clones. Maybe test it one the Jonnie and once proven put it on the Husky. Does that sound reasonable?

Gordon

HORSELOGGER

Hey Guys!  I have a 2095 Jonsy that does not have side tensioner, how is it that the 2094 did? Isnt the 2095 a newer model?  Confused?!?!    Mike
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Corley5

My 2094 was one of the first ones out.  First one my dealer sold.  They must have back slid with the design.  Do the mid size Huskys have the chain sprocket on the outside of the clutch like the Jonsereds?

Kevin

My 262 doesn`t, the rim is on the inside of the clutch.

jokers

Hi Guys, you can get a 394 from Commercial Cutters Direct for $759 w/20" bar, up to $795 w/36" bar. No tax if shipped outside of New York State but you will pay shipping which shouldn`t be more than about $20 anywhere in the continental US. They are local to me and I have dealt with them many times so I can vouch for them, everything will be first rate. Try this URL, Russ
www.commercialcutters.com

Thank You Sponsors!