iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1997 Jonsered 2036 Turbo

Started by Tim Ms193T, March 07, 2017, 03:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Ms193T

I have a 1997 jonsered 2036 Turbo it will sometimes start with the choke on but as soon as I hit the throttle it immediately bogs and dies out any suggestions on what's wrong or what to do to fix it?

thecfarm

Will it idle all day? Soon as you hit the throttle it tries to stall? Easy check,fuel filter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dougand3

As above.  Check fuel lines. Tune carb. See if muffler screen is clogged. Disassemble and clean carb. Install new carb kit. (Or just buy a new carb)
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Gearbox

Open the main jet 1/4 turn . Was tuned for warm weather . This is why we would like to see a location . It keeps me from looking dumb if you are from Florida .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Tim Ms193T

Thecfarm no it will idle for no longer than 30 seconds then stall. It was given to me so I don't know much on it's history

Tim Ms193T

Dougand3 thank you I am going to try that

Tim Ms193T

Gearbox I'm new to this forum and still learning how to work it I am from California it won't stay started to do adjustment

dougand3

Did the saw move from a different elevation and temp? CA is a varied geography. eg. Saw ran great in San Diego but now just below Mt Whitney, it's awful. Baring that, try turning LA/Idle screw 1/4-1/2 turn CW to increase idle and see if it stays running. And as gearbox says, you can open L screw 1/4 turn CCW.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Tim Ms193T

No it did not move it was given to me I do not know much about the history on the saw I was messing with it yesterday and it won't even start or even bog out attempting to start or anything

dougand3

Next to try is spark - remove plug, re-insert plug wire, tape plug body on cylinder fin, pull rope and look for spark. Make sure switch is in RUN position.
If good spark,  put tsp of fuel in plug hole, re-insert plug and wire, pull rope listening for burp or actually runs for 2 secs.
If yes, you know it's fuel delivery- pickup, fuel lines, purge bub (if equipped), carb - all of these should be replaced on an older saw.

Barebuttminer

Looked at Tim's Jonsered 2036 today.
Saw will not start.
Removed plug and checked for spark. Got spark although it is a very week yellow not the bright blue it should be.
Replaced plug and got the saw to fire on either. Conclusion fuel delivery problem.
Removed covers, filter, and carb hum this may be the problem fuel line is not connected to the tank.
Gave the carb a quick cleaning with throttle body cleaning fluid, did not disassemble the carb, and reassembled the saw making sure that the fuel line was connected.
Saw now starts with full choke but will not idle and any hint of throttle immediately dies.
Tried adjusting the high and low air screws but the carb has limiters on the adjustment screws so there's not much of an adjustment that can be made. Who ever thought up the use of limiters should have his walnuts squeezed in a vise.
Seeing as this saw is at least 20 years old and has not been started for an untold number of years I suspect that the fuel pump diaphragm has dried out and cracked.
Told Tim to get a carb kit for a Walbro WT239 then bring the saw and kit back to me and I will instruct him on how to rebuild.
Wood-Mizer LT15, John Deer 450C Dozer, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Stihl 009

Thank You Sponsors!